BTG FORUMSPage :1234567
Forums -> News & Announcements -> BeatTheGeek Tower Defence VERSION 2.0
The GeekMessage
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 7/5/2022 12:04:10 PM

Hey everyone. For work (my actual job) I'll be away travelling for 2 weeks. I will be bringing my laptop to work on the game while I am away. I have come to realize that balancing the game is harder than I remember, and honestly it's you guys that know the game better than me. When I get back, I'll send you a copy of the game to play test.

I am hoping you guys can play the game and tell me how it feels. I don't think it's right just yet... but you've all played tower defence games more than I have... so I need your input.

Looking forward to you trying it out soon :)

Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 7/21/2022 7:57:55 AM

Ok, for my latest update, I have been fixing many of the remaining bugs and testing everything. I continue to find new bugs while testing and I keep having to fix those. I gave my kids a copy of the game to play on their phones and one of them was able to place a tower on top of a different tower, so, yet another bug to figure out.

On the bright side, I was able to locate a really old version of firefox so I am able to play BTGTD on this site (the flash version). This means I a able to compare the original version better to the new version.

That should speed up the balancing process
MainstreaMlvl 85
Well it's been fun. CU all l8r...
Geek

Posted: 7/27/2022 12:42:30 PM

Great. A bit jealous on your kids and on your old firefox environment, but that will pass when the new stuff arrives.

:^)
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 8/12/2022 8:59:39 AM

Ok, I think I'm pretty much close enough now to let people test it. I'm still working through a few minor bugs. I am such a perfectionist it's very hard for me to let people try things I make until they are perfect... but I'm coming to realize that perfection just isn't possible.

Let's give me 1 more week to fix the last few remaining things... and then regardless of the current state, I'll send out the current beta version.

So, on August 19th, I'll send out a link to anyone that wants to beta test it. If you want to be part of the beta testers, send me your email address through the BTG mail (the mail link at the top right of this site).

Only catch right now is I only have a version of the game for Android devices (phones, tablets, etc). I'm hoping after a few weeks of beta testing I can release the iOS (apple) version.

Let the countdown begin!!
 Page :1234567
Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy