BTG FORUMSPage :1234567
Forums -> News & Announcements -> BeatTheGeek Tower Defence VERSION 2.0
The GeekMessage
MainstreaMlvl 85
Well it's been fun. CU all l8r...
Geek

Posted: 3/30/2022 11:24:42 PM

SOunds like the last drip to fill the bottle... ;-)
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 4/12/2022 7:48:45 AM

Quick update. I had mentioned previously you can earn Relics to increase the effectiveness of your towers (faster, more damage, faster upgrades, etc). Although the entire Relic system is done, I still have to add the logic to actually award your towers these upgrades while playing.... so that's what I am working on this week.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 4/20/2022 12:27:32 PM

I am still working through all the game upgrades as mentioned before. It's a ton of work unfortunately.... I have upgrades you earn by leveling up your account and upgrades you earn by applying relics to your towers. There are around 20 upgrades you can do. Also, all changes in the game due to the upgrades need to be accounted for in the cheat detector I developed (if you upgraded to start with extra lives, the cheat detector needs to account for that or it will think you are cheating).

Anyways, I am making progress...
MainstreaMlvl 85
Geek

Posted: 4/23/2022 3:09:33 AM

Thank you, Sir !!!
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 5/1/2022 12:02:47 PM

One of the upgrades you can do to your towers is increase their crit chance and crit damage (if your crit chance is 5%, that means 5% of your towers shots will be a critical hit, doing additional critical damage).

I am working on this feature right now.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 5/7/2022 8:18:00 AM

Ok, All the game upgrades are completely done and tested and are looking great. My list of things left to do is getting quite small which is exciting. In summary, here are most of the items left to do :

- continuing the balance the game
- still working on enemy 3d models
- add sound effects/music
- create real levels/maps
- add in a basic tutorial (not required, but I think it might help to have a very basic walkthrough on how to navigate your way around... pretty much all mobile games have this when you first play it)
- need to learn the process of publishing a game to the apple app store and the google play store. From what I've heard it's a bit of a nightmare going through the process.

Some of the items are a bit larger... but regardless.... I see the light at the end of the tunnel! :)_
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 5/17/2022 6:32:36 AM

Still working away. Working on adding sound effects and music to the game currently :)
MainstreaMlvl 85
Geek

Posted: 5/21/2022 12:06:12 PM

is that the lat thingy? As I never play with sound, I can start testing then... :-D
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 5/24/2022 6:45:07 AM

Naw, sorry... not the last thing. I have the items I list in the post previously. :)
MainstreaMlvl 85
Geek

Posted: 5/27/2022 1:37:38 PM

Duh. Apologies for being enthousiastic :-)
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 6/6/2022 9:05:17 AM

Ok, latest update. All sound effects are in the game and it's sounding great (for those that uses sounds, lol). I have also created a new settings menu in the game where you can adjust the music and sound effect volume independently (or turn them off completely).

Right now I am finalizing the 3D models for the enemies. I have completed most of them but have a couple more to do.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 6/15/2022 2:03:18 PM

Ok, latest update. I still continue to work on the game every single day... some days it's well over 8 hours a day (which is pretty good considering I do have a full time job).

I have finished all the enemy models, they are all in the game and working. I spent a decent amount of time creating spreadsheets and creating formulas to calculate how many hitpoints each enemy should have based on that difficulty the map is and what wave number the enemy spawned on. All that is done and implemented in the game.

I have a list of remaining issues I am working on... some of them just cosmetic... but they bug me so I want to fix them. While playing the game I notice small bugs so I fix them as I find them as well.

My next task, which is really the last big task to do, is to figure out how to balance the game rewards. And by that I mean, if you enter a tournament and there are 30 players and you get 4th, how much gold should you be awarded? How much exp? How much gold should relics in the shop cost to make them valuable... but not too expensive so that any free-to-play player will enjoy the game.

Anyways, as always, getting closer. Nothing in the world of game development goes fast unfortunately.

On that note... for those of you that actually still visit this site looking for updates, I probably can give you a playable version semi-soon. This is purely for you to test and give feedback. The only catch right now is, I've only been testing this on my android phone. The game will work on apple phones too when I release the game... but I have not researched how to do this for Apple devices yet.

Do those of you that want to test this have an android phone/device?
MainstreaMlvl 85
Geek

Posted: 6/18/2022 12:25:17 AM

I do have an android.
I do want to test.
Send me a mail or post what you want me to do.

When mailing, plese don't use the mail that I subscribed with - I don't manage that one any more.
Delete the ".lh" so that you have x.y left, complete with @outlook.com

hagon73lvl 99

Posted: 6/21/2022 3:59:56 AM

Hello,
nice to hear you are near the finish.
I would love to test your game, Android phone available.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 6/29/2022 7:31:06 AM

I am still trying to balance the game btw. I am struggling a bit as I do not seem to have a way to play BTGTD on this site (the flash version). Ideally I'd play them both side by side to ensure the enemies are moving at the same speed, towers are shooting at the same speed, etc.

I think it's close... but it feels 'off'..... balancing the game is probably the most important part of the game. If it's too easy, the game is boring. If it's too hard, it's no fun.

On that note... if anyone has found a way to play the game on this site (you found a version of the flash player I can somehow install) let me know. There are tons of sites out there that claim to be able to play flash content, but so far none of them work for me.
 Page :1234567
Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy