BTG FORUMSPage :1234567
Forums -> News & Announcements -> BeatTheGeek Tower Defence VERSION 2.0
The GeekMessage
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 10/7/2021 7:51:01 AM

Quick update. I still continue to work on everything every day. I expect to have a new system where you can earn/collect relics to apply to your towers to make them stronger done in the next few days. I'll then work on the ability to apply these relics to your towers.
MainstreaMlvl 85
Well it's been fun. CU all l8r...
Geek

Posted: 10/21/2021 9:53:18 PM

Sounds great. Sorry that it took 2 weeks for someone to give you a supportive comment... we all are supporting you.
Are you planning on getting it in the Facebook play environment too?
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 10/22/2021 5:46:41 AM

At this time now, It won't be on the facebook play environment... mostly because the game is based on mobile play (touching the screen). I'd have add logic to handle mouse events, etc. Might be something I do in the future though. :)

I guess a good time for a quick update. I have completely finished the store as well as I have completed 90% of a new feature I added to the game. The new feature is the ability to collect relics. These relics can be applied to your towers to increase their power (attack damage, speed, etc). The relics you collect can be combined to create more powerful relics. Don't worry, I did not implement a loot box system....lol. You can earn them naturally just by playing the game.

The last 10% of the feature I need to do now is to add a way you can apply the relics to your towers.

iliq123lvl 68
4.82 Years, and still inlove with this game <3

Posted: 11/3/2021 11:35:17 AM

I am also supporting you, Sparticus. Been waiting a long time to enjoy the game again. I'm sure that it will be a big banger, once it hits the Google/Apple stores!

Best of luck, and T H A N K Y O U!

Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 11/23/2021 9:33:46 AM

I haven't forgotten about the game. I hope to get back to it soon. I moved into a new house last week so for the past bit I've been busy packing and moving.... and now I'm busy unpacking. lol :)
jim708lvl 61

Posted: 12/2/2021 9:45:31 AM

Congrats on the new home!
MainstreaMlvl 85
Geek

Posted: 12/31/2021 12:17:31 PM

Happy 2022 everyone !!!
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 1/8/2022 8:56:34 AM

Holidays are over so it's time for me to stop slacking and get back to the game. I had my brother over yesterday for a full day. He's very good at Blender (3D modeling software). We worked all day on the enemies for the game and made good progress. I'm excited to be back working on the game. :)
MainstreaMlvl 85
Geek

Posted: 2/11/2022 1:16:46 AM

A motivational cheer, about one month after the last post.

In the mean time I lost my father and my father-in-law, both from a stroke (CVA). The first in the middle of jnauari, the other one week later. My mother couldn't cope and although she is still physically here, her mind is somewhere between the 60's and the 70's.

My wife is currently recoverign in intensive care from a severe car incident she got when trying to reach her dad before he died. She will most probably never walk again.

I'm trying to support my mother-in-law as much as I can but she likes me as much as I like her... not much love lost between us...

Conclusion: I do NOT need your pitty or NOR your mental support, I just need the game to get a bit distracted... to get a grip on myself in order to get a grip on life again.

Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 2/13/2022 10:38:24 AM

Holy crap.... that is horrible. I can't imagine what you and your family are going through. Life really is not fair sometimes.... the number of things that have happened to you and people close to you in such a short period of time is not fair at all. I hope you have others close to you that can help support you through this tough time. No one should do this alone. :(

So, update on the game.... I have had my brother help me on the 3D enemy models.... that is by far the most time consuming. Not gunna lie, it's hard to stay motivated when I don't see as much progress as fast as I'd like to see. I am such a perfectionist it's hard for me to move past one part of the game until I feel it's perfect.... but after seeing your post I think it might be better to just "get it done" and then once people are playing it I can go back and fix what's not right...

Anyways, I'll try and speed things up. I really hope you can stay strong. I know you don't really know me... but I just want you to know I am thinking about you and I am sending positive thoughts your way.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 2/16/2022 1:41:10 PM   (Edited: 2/16/2022 1:42:19 PM)

I just wanted to add one more thing.... Thanks MainstreaM for the motivational cheer... It reminded me that there are people out there that do appreciate the things I do... sometimes I get demotivated and then I put off working on the game... Your words the other day reminded me that the time and energy I am putting into the game is not for nothing... it gives people something to do to forget the stresses of everyday life.

I worked on the game all day today and it felt great. Just for fun, here are a few screenshots from the game (some are a work in progress). And yes, like all mobile games there is a store.... but dont worry, you wont need to spend a dime on the game to play and have fun.

Links to screenshots :

Store
Relic Menu
Tower Menu
nietzschelvl 29
Silence, complete fucking silence

Posted: 2/22/2022 1:15:16 PM

Hi all,

I really, really am looking forward to play the best td there is again, somewhen in the future. Whether it's weeks or months, I will hold out. Thanks for all the fun time you gave us with this great game, Sparticus.

Cheers
nietzsche, a big fan for 3991 days and counting :)
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 3/13/2022 3:47:24 PM

Quick update. Finished up most of the enemy models. Doing a lot of performance testing as I want the game to run great on all phones... I'm somewhat new to 3d modelling and how well they perform on mobile devices, so I make changes to the game and then run it on a bunch of devices to see how it performs. Things are looking good :)
iliq123lvl 68
4.82 Years, and still inlove with this game <3

Posted: 3/25/2022 2:10:24 PM

Still here, and still waiting!!! :))
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 3/30/2022 6:52:59 AM

Ya, still working on it here and there. Life is busy as it is for everyone. I'm working on balancing the game. Lots of spreadsheets to calculate how fast enemies should move, hitpoints they should have, etc. All to ensure the game feels right and challenging.
 Page :1234567
Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy