BTG FORUMSPage :12
Forums -> Game Bugs and Site Issues -> 30 minute AFK
The GeekMessage
njulianlvl 67
010 001 111
Geek

Posted: 12/10/2014 12:15:42 PM   (Edited: 12/10/2014 12:19:16 PM)

[quote]
The reason this exists is to prevent people from signing into the site then leaving their computer. Without the afk timer, someone could log in, then leave their computer for 2 weeks and it would still show them as online. As well while you are online the site does send traffic to your computer (updated friendlist, chat, who's in the multiplayer, etc). I wouldn't want people afk that long to be spamming my server for no reason.
[/quote]

Ok, that makes sense.
But is it possible to disable the AFK-time at all while I'm playing a game? I can't see the friendlist ingame anyways, and I don't care about the Multiplayercounter. So I won't mind if these things would'n update at all.

Also, how does the game handles multiple Tabs and Windows? Because usually I open all games I want to play in an extra Tab while staying in the Lobby with the first Tab.

[quote]
I'd be interested to know if the people that got the afk timer while playing the game were in fact playing for more than 1 hour straight in the same game.
[/quote]

Personaly I rarely play longer than an hour on the same map. If it takes too long I pause the game and take a break, sometimes I even play a different map in the meantime. It already happend that I totally forgot the game and paused for over 10 hours O.o
chaosinmotionlvl 103
I should be looking for a job!
Nerd

Posted: 12/22/2014 10:27:28 AM

It happens to me all the time, but I'm not a big fan of juggling (or maybe just not competent enough) so I just click the button and keep playing. I can see how it would be a problem though.
 Page :12
Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy