BTG FORUMSPage :12
Forums -> News & Announcements -> BTG Tower Defence - What would you add / change?
The GeekMessage
MainstreaMlvl 81
is hardly around any more. Apologies...
Geek

Posted: 6/7/2019 11:17:11 PM

As long as the new things are optional I don't really mind a change.

I've seen the game change from a defence strategy to something that resembles "build the map full of cheap walls and then send everything you got to get the point bonus". I personally thing htat this is getting the art out of the game.

Therefore i would suggest to add a self-healing creep, the longer it stays on the map, the faster it heals. This should make behaviour as described above an extra challenging experience.

By the way, thank you Sparticus for several years of fun.
lordcrumblvl 96
plz join the forum post about new version :)
Geek

Posted: 6/8/2019 5:06:06 AM

i'd like to encourage you mainstream to make more maps. play around with combinations of:
-slow sell time
-no sell
-disable creep freeze
-disable nuke
-disabled teleport towers
-less custom upgrades enabled
-custom creep waves
-short way entry -> exit

there are several ways to make the "rush all" impossible or delay very far into the game, with only 2 or 3 of these points tweaked.

the rush everything method is fun in itself, with restructuring paths on the fly, doubble door tricks etc., and i agree, there are quite alot of maps in rotation that demand just the perfection of rush all with as less nukes etc as possible. but btg is about more than just juggling or the freeze/nuke/aoe finish
Sparticuslvl 19
Read my latest forum post!
Site Admin

Posted: 6/20/2019 3:00:39 PM

The reason for me recreating the game is because the game was programmed in Flash. As some of you may know, Flash is being removed from all browsers by default at the end of the year 2020. So, to keep the site alive I need to recreate the game in a different programming language.

I decided to write the game in HTML5 as I have a lot of experience in it.

It's didn't seem right to make the game identical to the way it is now. I'd like to make it even better while keeping all the things you love the same. I am also going to recreate the site to make it much easier for new players to get playing (it's currently a very difficult process to get started). I also want to add a ton of new stuff to the website to make the site even better. if you have any ideas of things you'd like to see on the site (ie. Achievements, etc) let me know :)

Thanks everyone!

sengokulvl 71

Posted: 8/9/2019 2:13:13 AM

Would it be possible to add like a "reload" button, that just loads and places all the towers that you had previously placed before you hit the "Start Game" button, would make retrying maps quicker.

Cheerio and thank you so much for all the work you've done!

Page :12
Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy