BTG FORUMSPage :12
Forums -> News & Announcements -> BTG Tower Defence - What would you add / change?
The GeekMessage
MainstreaMlvl 85
Well it's been fun. CU all l8r...
Geek

Posted: 6/7/2019 11:17:11 PM

As long as the new things are optional I don't really mind a change.

I've seen the game change from a defence strategy to something that resembles "build the map full of cheap walls and then send everything you got to get the point bonus". I personally thing htat this is getting the art out of the game.

Therefore i would suggest to add a self-healing creep, the longer it stays on the map, the faster it heals. This should make behaviour as described above an extra challenging experience.

By the way, thank you Sparticus for several years of fun.
lordcrumblvl 100
yay
Geek

Posted: 6/8/2019 5:06:06 AM   (Edited: 12/15/2019 2:58:38 AM)

deleted comment, not important
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 6/20/2019 3:00:39 PM

The reason for me recreating the game is because the game was programmed in Flash. As some of you may know, Flash is being removed from all browsers by default at the end of the year 2020. So, to keep the site alive I need to recreate the game in a different programming language.

I decided to write the game in HTML5 as I have a lot of experience in it.

It's didn't seem right to make the game identical to the way it is now. I'd like to make it even better while keeping all the things you love the same. I am also going to recreate the site to make it much easier for new players to get playing (it's currently a very difficult process to get started). I also want to add a ton of new stuff to the website to make the site even better. if you have any ideas of things you'd like to see on the site (ie. Achievements, etc) let me know :)

Thanks everyone!

sengokulvl 74

Posted: 8/9/2019 2:13:13 AM

Would it be possible to add like a "reload" button, that just loads and places all the towers that you had previously placed before you hit the "Start Game" button, would make retrying maps quicker.

Cheerio and thank you so much for all the work you've done!

luigi64fanlvl 5
Just found this game again. So nostalgic!

Posted: 12/14/2019 6:45:04 PM   (Edited: 12/14/2019 6:45:21 PM)

More maps.
lordcrumblvl 100
yay
Geek

Posted: 12/15/2019 3:28:27 AM

one simple suggestion, display the all time record ingame

another not so simple, i'd really apreciate a better indication for map makers: if i edit a map that has been played once, it creates a duplicate. when you create a lot of maps, forget you started it started once, edit a few weeks later, start the wrong version because the duplicate is somewhere else in the list, it can get quite confusing, especially if you then edit again the wrong one, not knowing you had created a duplicate.
-maybe a counter "times started" could help in the map overview,
-or a index for "started at least once",
-or a screen that encourages to change the name for the duplicate when confirming edits (button "save and quit editor" changes to "save as dupliate and quit editor")
-and/or a option to overwrite the old version when confirming edits to a map, so you don't go ahead and delete the duplicate instead of the original
mahleumonlvl 62
Plz, vote and rate!!
Nerd

Posted: 12/17/2019 9:43:51 AM

Just a quick reply, since this is the reason I really lost interest in coming back to BTG; just more features for map creation in general.
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 12/17/2019 3:43:50 PM

Ok, good to know. I do think the ability to create custom maps/tournaments makes BTG stand out from other tower defence games. It needs some polish and a bunch of new features. I'll keep your feedback in mind as I develop the new version.
luigi64fanlvl 5
Just found this game again. So nostalgic!

Posted: 12/18/2019 6:08:01 AM

If you do succeed in making more people play the game, remaking the ancient multiplayer wouldn't be a bad idea
 Page :12
Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy