BTG FORUMSPage :123
Forums -> News & Announcements -> New Towers
The GeekMessage
Nerd

Posted: 11/10/2010 4:38:01 AM

I think the "web tower" idea, that someone came up with in the prior thread, is new. At least I've never seen it before, and I've played a fair share of TD.

What about a "faux exit" tile - something you could place and the creeps would go towards it first, above all other exit tiles; only after they got there and found out it was fake would they turn to go to the real exit.
carlninilvl 27
is sleepy :'(
Geek

Posted: 11/10/2010 6:40:58 AM

i dont think , this would make the game way too easy, especially for the juggler
Nerd

Posted: 11/10/2010 7:49:03 AM

It could be disabled by a tournament designer, just like any other tower... just trying to brainstorm ideas that I haven't seen before in other TD.
michilvl 15

Posted: 11/10/2010 10:38:37 AM

Hello,

in another Game I had fun with the mouse pointer. It cause continously damage to the pointed creep, may be it is possible to buy upgrades for the pointer, too?

Or let's build up a tower, which can reach the whole map, but with no auto focus, the use has to fix a target area?

Or an Upgrade for producing money? Each bought LIFE gives 1$ for example every wave?

1. pointer
2. tower, with no creep focus
3. money production

Greetings,
M.
carlninilvl 27
Geek

Posted: 11/10/2010 2:11:43 PM

pointer : i dont think, this will, again, make the game too easy,

whole map tower : hmmmmm why not a tower like in btd4, a mortar, is shot like the canon but at only one place

money production : yes, this could be great i think :)

but the money production could be disable by the creator
cheatylvl 69
is for sale - check my profile for info
Nerd

Posted: 11/11/2010 3:16:14 AM

Great ideas, just to outline my wishes (hey, Christmas is coming :) :

- poison tower
- stun tower
- wall (1x1)
- web towers - this sounds fun, probably will be more challenging to implement
- bank (gold mine?) - no shooting, only investment, that gives you money
- random bonus generator - every wave gives you a (relatively) random amount of money/points/bonuses - not sure if it is a good idea, but may be improved by

Something I've seen in other TD games - things you can place ON the path like spikes, tar, bombs and so on... I'm not a great fan, but it is good to have such things as options...

About the creeps - let them spawn, let them destroy towers, whatever - it will make the game more fun, but please, please, huge please - do not let them fly...... i hate flying creeps...
carlninilvl 27
Geek

Posted: 11/11/2010 6:10:36 AM

first, sparticus have said there will NEVER have flying, do you imagine the map where the spawn point is next to the end point?

like i said before, i dont want the luck to get in the score

exept that, i think that we have reach the point where you can start to put htem in the game :)
njulianlvl 67
010 001 111
Geek

Posted: 11/11/2010 2:09:41 PM

Hey, I've got a great idea for a new Support-tower:
A Batterie! This tower stores up to 1/2/3/4/5 shots in the towers it touches. If a tower isn't shooting it will store the shots and releas them all at once. But this tower might be expensive.

( I hope my enlish is correct...)
LustigerBaumlvl 47
:D

Posted: 11/11/2010 3:20:35 PM   (Edited: 11/11/2010 3:33:26 PM)

Some ideas.

Support Towers:
increase range
increase attack speed

"Rage-Tower": This tower is very special. It remove xx% of a current creep hitpoints but it also increase its movement speed. So you got weaker but faster enemies.

"Charge up Beam Tower": Shoots a permanent beam on an enemy. The longer the beam hits a creep, the more damage it does.
This Tower is strong against slow creeps; brings in the frost tower as damage supporter; and weak against fast creeps. Also strong against single creeps and bosses and weak against grouper.

Absorb Tower: This Tower aborbs one creep and does xx% of the creep hitpoints damage. This tower can only absorb one creep. xx% damage increase with upgrade.

Bounce Tower: This tower shoots a "bouncing bullet" after it hits a creep it hit another one and another one and...
Number of hits increase with upgrade. Damage increase/decrease with number of hits.

A "wall-tower" is a great idea, size 2x2.

Power Ups:

"Slow down" - slow down all creeps moving on the map for an amount of time.

"invert direction" - Creeps who are moving towards red exit now move to the green exit. Creeps who are moving towards green exit move to the red one. Permanent or for an amount of time?

Creeps:

Creeps who regnerate hp over time.

Spurter - creeps who randomly spurt over an short time.

"Scary Creep" - Boss Monster: Other creeps fear this Boss, they will run away, their movement speed will increase when this boss enter the map

Fusion Monster - 2 Creeps who spawn from both Points (red and green) If they meet in the middle, then they will fuse to something big and evil. You better don't let this happen. It moves to red or green exit and you loose game? or lose x life.

Bonus Creeps - Strong creeps who don't cause loss of life. But give you lot of bonus points/money/Power up - Maby as option like: "true/false frost immune" for every creep at the level editor.

Please no Air Units! ( I know Sparticus wrote that they will never be implemented :D )
Please no stunning!
No teleport Tower! :)
No bank or money tower!
No critical strike tower!

Just some brainstorming :D
Asylumlvl 39
i gotta practise, need tickets for next week
Nerd

Posted: 11/11/2010 4:40:58 PM

Also, maybe implement a strenght/weakness in creeps.

example.
Those flame gropu creeps take xx% more damage from surge, but xx% less from, say, pellet or other single target towers.
cheatylvl 69
is for sale - check my profile for info
Nerd

Posted: 11/11/2010 5:05:43 PM

One more idea, I think is new (at least in this topic, I've seen it in other TD games):

Mega tower - can't build it directly, you have to build 4 (2x2) or 9 (3x3) towers of the same type and level and then combine them in a mega tower of this type. All parameters go way up - so for example if the towers were dealing 4x1000 damage the mega tower shoots with 8000.
To make the idea even more exciting - how about combining different types of towers, so the mega tower has their individual features, with strengths proportional to the number/level of towers combined? For example combining 3 pellet and 1 frost tower gives you a mega tower that shoots stronger than 3 pellet and slows the creeps just a bit. If combining 3 frost + 1 pellet -> heavy slowing + weak bullets.

Of course not all towers can be combined, but if there is a general acceptance of this idea I am sure the details can be sorted out by input from other people and the proven rational thinking of Spartacus.

LustigerBaum> great ideas, amazing imagination!

about the strength/weakness in creeps explained by Asylum in the previous post - no, no and no...

Asylumlvl 39
i gotta practise, need tickets for next week
Nerd

Posted: 11/13/2010 12:15:32 AM

i really like the mega tower idea cheaty, i think its something that can be looked at
alchemistlvl 42
Want - to - play - a - game ?
Geek

Posted: 11/14/2010 5:30:24 PM   (Edited: 11/14/2010 5:32:14 PM)

I also like the mega tower idea in its single tower type form - don't think mix and match would work well. The other common approach is multiple buff towers that have different effects - shoot faster / charge faster / increase range etc.

All of the profile point options could be towers that you can upgrade in game (extra time, extra gold, etc. etc. )

I would also like to see tower modifiers - so you can click a tower and set its preference - target strongest, target weakest, target nearest, etc. etc. I know this is a nightmare coding and lag wise - but can really alter the strategic element.

I am also a fan of the electric fence - two towers that you combine over gap of one or two tiles to make a block or deliver damage. Eventually the creeps could damage the fence and it has to recharge.

I also like stuff you can drop on the paths - (bloons td) - like glue - landmines - tacks etc.

Also - I don't think we should get worried about the possible issues that having all these options would create - e.g. 'that helps jugglers' - the beauty of BTGTD is that the author can enable or disable as they see fit. By giving more options - better maps will evolve naturally.

The ultimate of course is that Sparticus gives us towers with attributes that we can modify ourselves in the editor. Strength / range / reload time / splash etc.

carlninilvl 27
Geek

Posted: 11/15/2010 3:37:45 PM   (Edited: 11/15/2010 3:45:59 PM)

what about a : Block Tower

this tower could work like volcano , i explain

- it gain up is charge like the volcano, x/second

- it gain up is power like the volcano, x/lava

- instead of get lava, it could get blocker, there are acting like little minion, holding the monster until they are dead

what do you think?
lordcrumblvl 100
yay
Geek

Posted: 11/15/2010 6:01:04 PM

about Block Tower:

"until death" is way too much, but part of seconds, depending on level would be great. like the idea.
lets say a
- level 1 holds a creep for 0.1 sec,
- level 2 for 0.02 sec,
- level 3 for 0.05 sec,
- level 4 for 0.09 sec
- level 5 for 0.15 sec

same prices as vulcano. you wonder about small amount of block?
explanation: if you have 1 full block tower, and 1 boss
= 100 x 0.15 = 15 sec standing still, while the tower is loading again... see what i mean?
 Page :123
Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy