BTG FORUMS
Forums -> Suggestions & Feedback -> Irritating Point Calculation
The GeekMessage
ph4celvl 42
Greetings to all of you!

Posted: 6/16/2011 8:18:57 AM

Hej!

I think I stumbled upon a little inaccuracy in the calculation of points: It seems to me that, when you calldown all creep especially from the very start (by pressing the "n" button constantly), that you get less points than when you press the "n" button in intervals.

-> I think this miscalculation happens on the "switch" to the higher level of "points for seconds" (slow script?) this can make a difference of several hundred points on a level!!

EXAMPLE: on "field goal is good" I get 16420 by constantly holding down "n" but when I make little pauses(every 4th step I think) between the calldown I get 16780 or something like that. Which means you get 20 more points every 4th? step...

Please look into this, it would be a real pain to make these pauses just to get maximum points...

Greetz and thnx

Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 6/16/2011 8:32:03 AM

Can you show me a replay where you held down "n" from the start and beat all the levels and then a replay where you pressed "n" in intervals yet still got a higher score doing the interval approach?

Just the way the math goes it shouldn't happen.
njulianlvl 67
010 001 111
Geek

Posted: 6/16/2011 9:20:48 AM

Here is a replay where I made some short stops.

http://www.beatthegeek.com/games/TowerDefence/tournamentResults.asp?tournid=5267
ph4celvl 42
Greetings to all of you!

Posted: 6/16/2011 11:24:21 AM

http://www.beatthegeek.com/games/TowerDefence/tournamentResults.asp?tournid=5255

this is my actual high score on that map for this moment... and although i didnīt use my last powerup-point for even more points, I have beaten my previous high score with 94,802 points... when I play that map without making a short pause every 4th step I only get 94,483 Points (difference= 322 points)... I dunno how I can make the other replay available to you, just tell me and Iīll do so.

But fact is that both games are absolutely fresh and comparable and still there is a difference in points...

I can even see how I get the "20-more-points" when I wait for the short while on the green "send-next-level"-counter, when I wait it adds 20 points (respectively 19) for the next wave (and again: on every 4th step it seems)...

greetz
ph4celvl 42
Greetings to all of you!

Posted: 6/16/2011 2:08:46 PM

Dunno if that helps sorting out the cause:

If you want to use 1 Powerup-Point to make more points by using "more time" before you call in the last wave you also have to wait a second until you really get those extra-points (for more time on the counter before calling the wave in)

I know thatīs generally a minor issue but weīre talking about maximum points here :-)

Again: Greetings and thanks, really addicting game, just love it!

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy