BTG FORUMS
The GeekMessage
elfinlvl 86
Nerd

Posted: 8/2/2013 12:33:45 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I join the server there is no one online.

Any chance a link to the multiplayer could be added to the http://beatthegeek.com/games/TowerDefence/ page?

It may encourage a few more people to use it.
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 8/2/2013 3:39:24 PM

Ya, I'm trying to think of a good way to get more people playing. The problem is people join the lobby... and if no ones there they immediately leave... which is why you need to get luck and have 2 or more people join the lobby around the same time.

I'm was thinking of making some way people could queue up for a game and they do other stuff... like play the classic version... and when we have enough people it starts for everyone...

that might be a lot of work...

if you guys have any good ideas.... let me know.

chaosinmotionlvl 103
I should be looking for a job!
Nerd

Posted: 8/3/2013 8:03:27 AM

I'm with you guys. I haven't had a chance to play yet and I've hung around in the lobby and even started games and waited, then I just quit that and go play classic. I was thinking of posting something in forum like "game scheduled" such and such date and time a couple of days in advance or something.
njulianlvl 67
010 001 111
Geek

Posted: 8/3/2013 11:05:38 AM

I'd like to have some acoustic alarm when I'm in the lobby and someone else joins. This way I can play something else and don't have to check every 5 minutes if something happened.
Maybe a 'ding' on the left ear when someone joins and a 'ding' on the right when someont leaves the lobby.
And it should be loud enough to drown out my music.
anonemouse2010lvl 101
L101, back to rhyming for fun
Geek

Posted: 8/3/2013 8:01:56 PM

If you add a sound, make it toggle-able.
chaosinmotionlvl 103
Nerd

Posted: 8/6/2013 8:02:54 PM

Here's an idea, maybe you could have a little window on the right side like the "friends list" or "recent friend activity" that just lists who is in the mp game lobby, you wouldn't have to be friends to see the names. Then when you see names populating the lobby, you could go there yourself. Or conversely, if you are in the lobby, other people could see then join you when they finish whatever they are doing. Might be better than an alert because I'm always listening to something anyway and mute the games as soon as I start one. :-)

p.s. Could you have a permanent mute button so I wouldn't have to change the volume every game? Or a site volume button instead of a game volume?
chaosinmotionlvl 103
Nerd

Posted: 8/6/2013 8:32:42 PM

Or, if not a box with the names of players in the lobby, just a "count" of number of players in the lobby. It might be easier to program a counter then to id the players.

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy