BTG FORUMS
Forums -> BTG Tower Defence -> Saturday tournaments - Levelpoints
The GeekMessage
njulianlvl 67
010 001 111
Geek

Posted: 1/25/2011 5:40:17 AM

Hi,
I ask you all, if you like to enable or disable the levelpoints.

If they are enabled the high-level player will always win because they have more levelpoints - more bonuses. it's easier for them to win.
If they are disabeled everyone has the same chance to beat a level. So it's possible that a lowlevel player became geek of the week.
landronnlvl 44
:D
Nerd

Posted: 1/25/2011 8:12:42 AM   (Edited: 1/25/2011 8:14:01 AM)

as much as we would all like to thrown in our public opinion, remember that ultimately it is sparticus' site and decision. unlike us talking about what tower we might want, this kind of gets into the architecture of site.

without getting deep into game design theory and mechanics, understand the purpose of an RPG element in a game in regards to motivation and replay. also understand that other than donations, advertising revenue is needed to keep the site up and running which requires us coming back frequently.

if the most highly sought after event in the game is the weekly tourney and you could simply only play that and have just as good of a chance, then why would you spend any time leveling. wanting to do better in the weekly tourney is a major motivating factor for most players to grind it out during the week and keep improving their level.

all of that being said, i think that this last week's "accidental" no level points was a nice change and wouldn't mind having it once in a while. perhaps no more frequent than once a month but at least once every other month. i would just suggest that it be well advertised as a "fair fight" for all levels.

it should be mentioned that even with no level points, the top third of all players in the tourney were all above level 20.

just my thoughts,

Lan
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 1/25/2011 8:44:12 AM

I like the level points as it encourages people to level up. The next update I am working on will make some changes (for the good in my opinion) to the level points. When the new change is rolled out, I will be started more than 1 Golden Ticket tournament each Saturday (ie. a levels 1-10 tournament, and 11-25, 26+, etc). That way things are a bit more fair.

But in all honesty.... just because someone has 10 points into faster towers and you have none.... I'd bet any money that even without faster towers, that person would still beat you. That person has played more and therefore is more experienced.

As for the site and how much money it makes.... it really makes me almost nothing. In fact I lose money every month. The google ads make me an average of $1 a day right now. So my only other source of revenue is donations. If any of you have looked into dedicated servers before, you'll know running a site can be very expensive. But that's okay, the site is still very new and there is lots more stuff coming for it.

As for last weeks tourny, I thought I set it to use level points, but I guess i turned it off. But just like landronn said, the top 3rd of all the players in the tournament were about level 20. That says a lot. Experience matters.

I am super excited about the next game I am working on. I think it's gunna be huge. Can't wait to tell you more :)
MainstreaMlvl 85
Well it's been fun. CU all l8r...
Geek

Posted: 1/26/2011 12:29:09 PM

On topic:
agree with landronn - no level points now and then will make a nice difference.

Off topic an din reply to the last post:
huh. come on then, tell us more ;-) :p

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy