BTG FORUMSPage :12
Forums -> BTG Tower Defence -> I noticed blank spaces on the Tower Menus.
The GeekMessage
Johnlvl 6
I missed y'all.
Nerd

Posted: 8/29/2010 8:24:30 AM

Does this mean that we're going to be able to create our own towers, and/or that the admin/mod are going to be making new towers as the game grows more complex?

I certainly hope so.
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 8/29/2010 8:29:32 AM

I will definitely be adding new towers and power ups. I have created the game in such a way that adding new power ups and towers isn't too hard for me.

I just need ideas on what the new power ups and towers should do :)
Johnlvl 6
I missed y'all.
Nerd

Posted: 8/29/2010 8:35:39 AM   (Edited: 8/29/2010 8:45:03 AM)

Oh! That's easy!

*Poison - Decreases Current HP after shot hits
*Disease - Decreases Maximum HP after shot hits
*Cross shot - No Range Increment/Penalty, but only hits on a straight line vertically/horizontally from it
*Cross Buff - Works like Cross Shot, but is a Buff Tower
*Range Buff - Works like Damage Buff, but for Range
*Speed Buff - Works like Damage Buff, but for Speed/Reload Time
*Death - Gains power for every kill it makes
*Shock/Stun - Has the chance to stop creeps for a time

Basically, you (or one of us) can go through and look through all of the other TD games out there and sample powers and towers for our own purposes. Shamelessly.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 8/29/2010 9:09:00 AM

Damn, there are some good ideas there!

Ya, there are so many TD's out there. 99% of them use the same or similar towers. Sometimes it's hard to come up with a tower idea that's never been used before :)
Johnlvl 6
I missed y'all.
Nerd

Posted: 8/29/2010 9:20:30 AM

Why do solely things that haven't been done before? If you can take what has been done, refine it, perfect it, balance it, and then release it as your own, then there's nothing wrong with that. People have been doing that with various things for the entirety of human history. It's how we advance. The thing is to, really, remove the terms from their respective effects. Poison? Well, fire could do that, but you seem to be avoiding the elemental system so far and I respect that.
Kilroylvl 5
Working on producing music for BTG.
Site Moderator

Posted: 8/29/2010 10:35:59 AM

Holy shit those are good idea's!

I was thinking...

QUOTE: "*Poison - Decreases Current HP after shot hits
*Disease - Decreases Maximum HP after shot hits"

maybe Disease can spread from creep to creep

Thanks for the idea's john!
Johnlvl 6
I missed y'all.
Nerd

Posted: 9/1/2010 3:09:37 AM

These are just ideas (not mostly from me) from my days playing a lot of games. I mean, there are a lot of games out there, and those games have a lot of towers in them. We can take them all... There's nothing against the process behind the tower, just maybe the image and the effect of the tower itself. So if there's an ink tower (a tower that stops the creep in its tracks, but only hits a very small area), then it may not be called 'ink', but it can still exist. You get me? Do I have to go through all of the TD's I know of and pull out every idea for a Tower I can find? Or are others with me on this?
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 9/1/2010 8:29:16 AM

Ya, I agree John. No needs to reinvent the wheel here.

Here are a two tower ideas I came up with this morning... I'm not saying I'll add any of them to the game, they are just ideas for now.

- A tower that only can shoot once every 10-20 seconds or so. Any enemy it shoots dies instantly no matter how many hitpoints it has (good for bosses). Upgrading makes it shoot slightly faster.

- A tower that only shoot once every 10-20 seconds or so. Any enemy it shoots it teleported back to the start. Upgrading makes it shoot slightly faster.
carlninilvl 27
is sleepy :'(
Geek

Posted: 9/1/2010 8:32:22 AM

but, simply adding like 6 lvl 1 insta-death tower make us kill alll the wave whitout trouble no?
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 9/1/2010 8:33:53 AM

Ya, sorry, both those towers I mentioned might have a limit to 1 per map. I guess the idea is you'd put it near the exit to kill a creep that gets by. Obviously if you leak 2 creeps, it will only kill 1.
carlninilvl 27
Geek

Posted: 9/1/2010 8:35:33 AM

i think that the 1 /map is good, but the insta-death, something like 50% of kill could be great , and upgrade ,are upgrading the luck
carlninilvl 27
Geek

Posted: 9/2/2010 5:52:37 AM

i have think to that, and i definititly say no, a greatly place tower can shoot 4 time, same if its 15 second of delay
raceBanditlvl 15
The next level begins here.
Nerd

Posted: 9/3/2010 11:28:17 PM   (Edited: 9/12/2010 10:45:48 AM)

Trying to be original here...

Idea one: A tower that leaves creeps vulnerable to being robbed by other towers. When this nerf is active, any tower that hits the enemy nets you coins equal to the nerf tower's (and/or attack tower's?) level. Leveling the tower could increase duration and/or effectiveness of each robbery. The only thing I can't think of is a name for it. Mastermind is one idea, but I'm not even sure it makes enough sense.

Idea two: Frost volcano; the lava is replaced with plasma, and when you trigger the iceruption (Shoutouts to Blitzprog of YouTube!) the plasma slows enemies, with the first target being the fastest creep that is closest to an exit.

Idea three: A static shock tower that does damage to one enemy based on a percentage of the foe's remaining HP, rounded down. I said single enemy instead of AoE because I felt AoE would be broken, even if the damage percent was equal to the tower's level and/or the tower and upgrades were about as expensive as the Volcano.

Idea four: Instead of plain poison, an irradiation tower that basically uses an AoE-dealing poison.
Johnlvl 6
I missed y'all.
Nerd

Posted: 9/4/2010 5:16:47 PM

Using the "Master Tower" idea, where you have one tower (probably a two-tower square sized deal) that you can only have one of on the field, but it is very powerful, seems like a really good idea. With that kind of thing, you could give it things that would break the game for a normal tower to have, but would be fine considering you only have one.

Your Instant Death tower? Simply a Sniper Tower. After all, that's what snipers do. They do Massive Damage, have a chance for Instant Death, and reload very slowly.

Teleportation sounds more like a buff tower. Every tower touching this tower gets a 1% (per level of Teleport Buff Tower) chance to send the creep it hits with this ability back to the start of the map.

Adding to raceBandit's Rob-nerf tower idea, you could have a Boss killer ("Little Protector" called it "Giantslayer", but that entire game is cute and I suggest giving it a playthrough) tower that does the same style thing except with powerup points instead of gold.

Elements do not necessarily have to follow the status-effect rules. You can separate those from each other. Right now you do have a cold tower and a heat tower, but that does not mean that your Cold tower has to be the only thing that can Slow.

When I read "Static Shock", my mind went into overdrive. Every time a creep touches a tower, as in when it's passing by, the tower gains power. You then let that go, like an AoE version of the Volcano's power.

Seeing the Irradiation style thing, I think:

Not only can Elements and Status Effects be separated from each other, so too can Types of Damage and Status Effects be separated. You can have a column of three different things there; Elements on the far left (fire, cold, bomb, etc.), Types of Damage in the center (Single Shot, Constant Fire, AoE, etc.), and Status Effects on the far right (raising or reducing any of the stats of a creep or tower to the benefit or detriment of the player). Mix and Match, Win shall ensue! Or hilarity. Probably both.

Geez, long post.
nathorlvl 16

Posted: 9/23/2010 5:23:56 AM

some +- original ideas:
laser wire tower: when 2 of this tower are within say, 10 squares of each other, it would create a line between them that would damage all enemies that would pass through the line. the tower would connect with all tower in range.
range could be dependent of tower level.
grouper tower: a weak cannon tower whose power would increase according to the number of grouper tower in a the group(group is formed the by towers in close contact between each other). bad in small spaces, good in open spaces. where a big group could be formed.

what would be really nice would be to give power ups to the towers. there power ups could be bought with GP or given as prize of tournaments.

Page :12
Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy