BTG FORUMSPage :12
Forums -> General Discussion -> Absurd high GP for replays, don't people get it?!
The GeekMessage
nathorlvl 16

Posted: 9/22/2010 10:57:03 AM

Phae, this is not wikipedia style knowledge sharing experience, lol!, its a competitive game. i would not be playing this game so much times if it was not for the win :P.

PhaElvl 34
Geek

Posted: 9/23/2010 11:39:37 AM

Yeh, whatever nathor.
Still think you're some 20-minus year old kid, who "just doesn't get it".
No worries, you will eventually.

About the replay price being optional;
Exactly.
If you do not want to share your so-called epic strategy, just do not put a replay.
Period.

Not want to share --> no replay.

Want to share, but rather have people try for themselves --> replay at high price, like 100 GP.

If you put it up for 500 GP, just because you got 100 points more then the one below you..
Well, you're basically admitting you are a GP-whore, and just want to be the "top-geek".

Have fun at the lonely top, with an empty friends-list!

The reason i came here was because i was sick of those "lolololollol i'm better then you lololol you suck0rz lolollol losers!!!oneone!1eleven" kind of kiddies.

MainstreaMlvl 85
Well it's been fun. CU all l8r...
Geek

Posted: 10/4/2010 1:04:47 PM

For those who really want to share for altruistic reasons: there is also the option of setting a price of 0 GP.

I've tried -1 once but that doesn't seem to get accepted. Well done, Sparticus... ;-)
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 10/4/2010 1:25:30 PM

It's funny you tried that. That was a bug for the longest time (when the site was in private beta). You could set the price to -1000 and when people bought your replay they were given 1000 gp...lol.

Yes, it has been fixed :)
Kenny87lvl 41
... it's... finally... there?!?

Posted: 6/15/2011 3:07:39 AM

See how time is changing... :)
piffielvl 64
who wants to play MP?
Nerd

Posted: 6/17/2011 8:46:08 AM

Hehe, GP whore.
think i'm one.

so, here are some secrets from my side...

when i came here, there was barely a sharing of strategies... and it took me long, and a lot of tries to find out what are the tricks here...

sharing knowledge is the basic of all learning and evolving. so i do that. on every game, on every win (where there is not a higher one shared already).
I want the site to get better, have better strategies and more good players. and that only works by viewing other players.
Behind every other game can be a different strategy. and sometimes, i bought a lower one (than my last game) and got ideas, that i can go even higher... always interesting.

i do that for a high price, because i know, some of the high lvl players will by it, and make a higher score than me. means, i don't get the tournament win, and their points (and these are up to 1,5k). my share prices covers for that.

And here is the secret: People buy it! just in the last 48 hours i made about 8.000 GP by people buying my replays.

And another secret: I'm nice to new players. if someone mails me, and says he cannot afford it, and want to watch it, i would totally reduce it to 50GP... or teach him the strategy.

And a third secret... even if you have just 1.000 points more, it is worth to people to pay more than the double price. because its the better score.

This is a competitive game, and there are some rankings... and if there are some, many ppl want to be on top. easy as that...
JFAJr40lvl 51

Posted: 6/19/2011 5:26:35 PM

I think that there are two different kinds of people that come to this website; but maybe I'm wrong.

There are are the KING of the mountain kind, that want all the GP, the highest level, and to have bragging rights, etc.

Then, there are the PLAYERS. People who aren't really in it for the points, but just to relax and have some fun.

There have been maps created that I certainly wanted to give a try. But, I learned my lesson the hard way. I paid the entry fee and quickly realized that the top three scores were well over 200,000 (with player levels in the 30s and 40s).

I guess the only solution that I can think of is to have two different modes, challenge mode and play mode. (Are we asking enough of you Sparticus?) A person in play mode could view all the replays they wanted, but not earn points.

There are some people who are at very high levels, and have millions of points. I think that there should be a point max per level. (Like 100,000 times your level.) If you don't use your points to create maps, you'll lose them.

I'm one of those people who come here to play. (Often playing a game in the middle of the day, to take a break from work.) And, I'll continue to play; not to be the King of the Hill, but to relax and enjoy a quiet game.
anonemouse2010lvl 101
L101, back to rhyming for fun
Geek

Posted: 6/19/2011 5:36:12 PM

JF, sometimes we put replays on things, that means we either want GP, or want people to see them. The lower the price is, the more I want to share the map.

I don't want to share all my maps at first, sometimes you get a good idea and want to win that tournament.

I would imagine I share more of my maps than most people, and I have more 0GP winning replays than most.

If you want to complain, complain about people who don't even put a price on their replays!
Kenny87lvl 41
... it's... finally... there?!?

Posted: 6/20/2011 11:26:01 AM

i like creating games so in need gp!

AND! I like boobs.^^
JFAJr40lvl 51

Posted: 6/20/2011 12:00:15 PM

anonemouse,

I was making a general statement, and it wasn't meant to be personal. So I'm sorry if you took it that way.

I wasn't trying to complain, but giving a viewpoint. But if you saw it that way, I apologize. You are probably the exception rather than the general rule.

Ultimately, what I was trying to say was that there are different types of people that come on here, and no matter what you decide to do, you cannot please everyone.
anonemouse2010lvl 101
L101, back to rhyming for fun
Geek

Posted: 6/20/2011 6:00:14 PM

Agreed JF
 Page :12
Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy