BTG FORUMS
Forums -> General Discussion -> new activity tag(s)
The GeekMessage
lordcrumblvl 100
yay
Geek

Posted: 5/24/2012 7:31:00 AM

2 suggestions for sparicus:

just a idea... how 'bout a "editing map" bar in the friend list, like "playing btgtd" and "multiplayer lobby".

if its easy to code, i'd even suggest a "editing map" and "testing map" bar. so people know what you're doing all the time online and not "playing btgtd" :)

perhaps that doesn't bother that many people but me ;)

oh, and something off that little topic: is there a easy way to prevent "you've been marked afk" showing up while editing the wave values? i got distracted several times when i had hundreds of values to change and suddenly i had to scroll up to press ok, and lost track of the numbers i was working on.

greetings, crumb
njulianlvl 67
010 001 111
Geek

Posted: 5/24/2012 7:49:17 AM

I like your idea with the "editing" bar. Sometimes I wonder why you or mahleumon is online but not playing for about two hours. ^^

To your afk problem, I hate this too. Often it's not bad, i.e. when I've made the "Wintermaul" map I've changed the number of creeps from 20 to 21 and bosses from 4 to 3. Or when I was drawing a pixel art map without template it can take more than 30 min. This happen only twice yet but it was annoying.

If the afk window appears it should be in the middle of your sight and not at the top of the screen.
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 5/24/2012 8:38:31 AM

ya, I like this idea. It's not too hard to do it, it just take some time to set it up and make the images that appear in the friends list.

What do you think of the following :

- "Creating Map"
- "Editing Map"
- "Testing Map"

As for the AFK thing.... hmm, I believe it's set to 30 minutes before it makes you afk.... does that sound right?

njulianlvl 67
010 001 111
Geek

Posted: 5/24/2012 8:47:04 AM

Your right, it sets you afk after 30 min. What do I have to do to not get marked as afk? I mean randomly clicking seems to not work. It seems your timer counts the time you stay at the same page, so you should disable it for the site

http://www.beatthegeek.com/games/TowerDefence/LevelEditor/

and the sites that follow after the last slash.
mahleumonlvl 62
Plz, vote and rate!!
Nerd

Posted: 5/24/2012 9:08:30 AM

Great idea crumb, wish I had thought of it. Also, I think those tags would work well, sparticus.

I wanted to post this Editor tip I found a few months ago. If you want to change a value on levels, be it (number of creeps, hit points, etc.) To add: hold the ctrl button and hit the tilde key. To decrease: hold the shift button and hit the tilde key. Raises the value by one on each level you have.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 5/24/2012 9:52:20 AM

Ya, mahleumon. Good tip. Also, it only adds/subtracts one from each value below the field you are editing.

So if you select the textbox for the number of hitpoints for the level 3 creeps and use the hotkeys, it won't effect creeps for levels 1 and 2... just 3 and upwards.

njulian : It resets the afk timer each time you load a new page. So if you edit a map for 30+ minutes, you'll see the message.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 5/24/2012 10:38:38 AM

Ok, I have added the 3 new status tags we talked about :)

Let me know if there are any issues.

Thanks guys
njulianlvl 67
010 001 111
Geek

Posted: 5/24/2012 11:09:02 AM

A black bar with yellow bold writing "CREATING A MAP" .check.

A black bar with yellow bold writing "EDITING A MAP" .check.

A black bar with yellow bold writing "TESTING A MAP" .check.

The link in the black bar moves you to...

Everything works for me. Luckily you can put yourself to your friendlist.

___

I have an other idea for the editor that everyone should know from the work or homeworks: copy and paste!
I mean copy and past a creeppattern. An example:
You want the pattern
1. reverse
2. metal slime
3. boss
4. yellow arrow
5. red dwarfs
6. blue bug

Normally you have to change all the creeptyps, spawnrate (dwarfs), hitpoints (boss), and time between levels.
In this case this would be a lot of work because you change the standart 7 level pattern to a 6 level pattern. My idea is to click on a box called "Copy", then click the waves you want to copy. After that you click a button called "paste" and all the copied levels are paste once. (like clicking at "Add 5 levels). With every new click on this button the copied level pattern will be paste one more time.

___
...the to of the site.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 5/24/2012 11:42:39 AM

Thanks for testing everything njulian. I changed it so you can no longer click on the link in the black bar (since it doesn't go anywhere anyways)

:)

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy