BTG FORUMS
Forums -> News & Announcements -> Monday's Release
The GeekMessage
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 4/28/2012 8:22:41 AM

Hey all,

I had mentioned that on monday I will release the multiplayer lobby for testing. I just want to clear something up...

I am releasing the multiplayer lobby so you all can test it and make sure it's bug free. The actual multiplayer BTGTD is not quite ready... it was never the intent to release that monday. I see a few people talking about how they are excited to play the game on monday. I'm sorry to mislead you.

The game is looking good and you will all get to play it soon. I just do not want to release everything all in the same day. The multiplayer lobby is quite complex so I want to make sure it works perfectly for everyone before the game can be played within it.

The lobby is responsible for all real-time messaging between you and all the other players... one small bug in it could ruin your game.

Once again, sorry for the confusion. I appreciate your patience. The wait will be worth it :)
lordcrumblvl 100
yay
Geek

Posted: 4/28/2012 1:28:20 PM

still looking forward to monday :D

so we'll be able to test a new chat i guess? i hope i've enough time to come online to test and perhaps write a opinion about it.

greetings
Ovizlvl 75
Trying to catch nutnik. So far no success. :)

Posted: 4/28/2012 4:13:52 PM

Eagerly waiting it!
anonemouse2010lvl 101
L101, back to rhyming for fun
Geek

Posted: 4/28/2012 5:37:51 PM

I'm going to chat SO HARD.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 4/28/2012 7:32:36 PM

Ya, you'll be able to chat in realtime with everyone :)

You'll also be able to start the process of setting up a game... so you will be able to click a "create game" button... which will then lead you to a screen where you can configure your multiplayer game (ie. how many players are allowed, which official map you'd like to use, etc).

After you finish that, you'll get tossed into a game lobby where others will be able to join your game.... that lobby will have it's own chat so you can all chat about the current game you're playing.

After enough players have joined your game, AND all players have clicked the READY button (which lets others know they are ready to go), then the game will start for everyone.

Lots of other features are done too (like hosts being able to kick players from their lobby before the game starts)... but there will be so much more added.

Life has been crazy busy for me in the last 6 months (side projects to make money ate up too much time). All that stuff is done now so finishing this game is my number 1 priority.

I'll work on it everyday. :)

And while I finish up the game, I'll fix any issues found in the mp lobby.

I expect this to be a busy game.... as players on facebook will also be able to compete against you...

Should be fun :)
njulianlvl 67
010 001 111
Geek

Posted: 4/29/2012 6:55:55 AM

There is only one feature that I'm missing right now.

As in all the other multiplayer games you have a lobby for all players and one for the games, both with their own chat.

It would be cool to stay in both chats when entering a game, so that you can talk to everyone and to those that joined the game.

I hope you can add this sooner or later.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 4/29/2012 11:10:12 AM

Well, you can send private messages to all online players.... even if they aren't in your room. And I can make it so you can be in multiple rooms at the same time... Currently when you join a new room, you leave the previous room... I did that to reduce the amount of messages and updates you receive... to limit lag for slower connections.
lordcrumblvl 100
yay
Geek

Posted: 4/29/2012 11:34:14 AM

that should be fine with private messaging. once a game started i hope you will not get that bored that you'll need to chat with your opponents And those in the main lobby ;) i'll do my best to keep you busy, njulian :P
njulianlvl 67
010 001 111
Geek

Posted: 4/30/2012 3:43:49 AM

Oh thanks lordcrumb.
I've checked the lobby of the multiplayer games "Vortex Wars" and "Shell shock live" to find other things that you should do better than the others.

The first thing is the background music. I'm sure that you have one and a mute button, but we should be able to switch the song. You could sell some songs in a store for GP and/or Member points.

Next thing that you can also add to the normal game is a reward for logging in every day, not much just a few GP. Maybe it helps to keep people playing the game.

A colour-blind mode could be helpfull too. I can see every colour well, but those that can see only in black-white may mistake the rapid tower with the cannon. So you could add a symbol for every tower, because the only difference in the basic, rapid and cannon tower is the colour.

That is all for now. I'll keep my eyes open so you don't make mistakes, that the others have made before.
mahleumonlvl 62
Plz, vote and rate!!
Nerd

Posted: 4/30/2012 8:32:39 AM

Keep up the good work Sparticus. Making the best TD game online, the best TD MP one. Can't wait to get my first beat down by a level 1 player.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 4/30/2012 8:34:38 AM

Thanks. I appreciate all of you playing the game. Makes all the hard work worth it :)

I'll do my best to make you proud with the multiplayer version... :)

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy