BTG FORUMS
Forums -> News & Announcements -> Would You Enjoy Multiplayer BTGTD if.....
The GeekMessage
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 2/6/2012 1:00:32 PM   (Edited: 2/6/2012 1:21:59 PM)

Hey all,

Before everything is somewhat final... I want your opinion. Below I will describe how the multiplayer version of BTGTD (MPBTGTD) will work. If it was released exactly as described before, would you like it? Or disappointed cause you expected something else?

Multiplayer BTGTD :

- All players will join a multiplayer lobby. In the lobby they can chat with others (in real time). Players can create games for others to join, etc. Games will support between 2 and possibly up to 16 players per game. I won't get into many details here cause it's not as important.

- Once all players are ready to go the game will start. It at first will appear like a normal BTGTD game... you will have 30 or seconds before level 1 starts. At all times during the game there is a real-time chat feature below the game.

- On the right side of the screen you'll see a list of all the players in the game. You'll see how many lives they have, what level they are on, how many power-ups they have, etc.

- Here's the catch... there is no timer that counts down to start the next level. The next level is started as soon as a player is able to kill all of level 1's creeps. So, if you have only killed half of the creeps on the screen and another player kills all of their creeps, level 2 will start for everyone whether everyone is ready for them or not.

- Same goes for level 2. Once someone clears their screen of all their creeps, level 3 starts for all.

- At all times you can look at the scoreboard to see how you are doing compared to all.

- Another catch... power-ups are not the same as normal BTGTD. They are all different. Instead, you will be able to use power-ups to hurt your opponents, such as :

• A power-up to send extra creeps to your opponents (worth no gold) to try and mess them up.

• A power-up to prevent other players from being able to build or sell towers for X seconds.

• A power-up to cause your opponents screen to go all black/blurry for X seconds.

• A power-up to speed up all the creeps on your opponents screens for X seconds.

• etc, etc, etc... those were only examples... but my goal is to have between 8 to 12 things you'll be able to do to your opponents to mess them up.

• - I have not decided how it will work exactly yet, but power-ups will be awarded differently than BTGTG (not from killing bosses). Someone doing horrible will not get as many power-ups as someone doing well.

- So, as the game plays out people will start to lose all their lives. Once all the players are done the game ends. The game then looks at the scores to determine the rankings.

- Keep in mind, just because you were in first place for the first 20 levels... then lost all your lives... all the other players will still continue playing and will be able to catch up to you. So there is a lot of strategy, you need to think about winning the whole game, not just the first 5 minutes.

Anyways, that's the jist of it. It will be much more fun than it sounds.

So, thoughts? Keep in mind I can't make the map any bigger than it already is, so having 2 or more people playing on the same game board doesn't really work... maybe a future version.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Ovizlvl 75
    Trying to catch nutnik. So far no success. :)

Posted: 2/6/2012 1:04:03 PM

Well - I am extremely looking forward for this. Hoping to have a good matches against some of the awesome players around here!
    njulianlvl 67
    010 001 111
    Geek

Posted: 2/6/2012 2:05:04 PM

Am I still able to send waves early or have I always to wait until someone beat the newes wave. If we can't send the waves early it will make juggling for mortals nearly impossible, for anonemouse just challenging.

The biggest question for me is: when is the beat ready to test? I can't wait anymore!
    Sparticuslvl 19
    Site Admin

Posted: 2/6/2012 2:11:18 PM

You won't be able to send waves early... waves are only sent when someone finishes that level... but that does mean someone could be 5 levels ahead of you.... and you'll have tons of creeps only your screen (5 levels worth).

Juggling will still be a part of the game for those that are good at it... you just won't jungle 100 waves at once :P

I will try and get the multiplayer lobby up for testing in the next 7 days for you all to try (I'm gunna regret giving a date...lol)... and the game itself will go up for testing soonish :P
    njulianlvl 67
    010 001 111
    Geek

Posted: 2/6/2012 2:37:43 PM   (Edited: 2/6/2012 2:42:42 PM)

Nice to hear that the game is ready soon. I hope anonemouse will be there too to pwn us all. =P

It would be nice if we all could be connected by teamspeak or so, so we can tell you any bugs during playing, and don't have to wait until the map ends write down everything we haven't forgot until then.
    CloseBLNlvl 67
    End: Calculating Results...zzZZZzzZzzZz

Posted: 2/6/2012 2:46:01 PM

Sounds very well :)

"-On the right side of the screen you'll see..."
    How many creeps left on other players map?
    Sparticuslvl 19
    Site Admin

Posted: 2/6/2012 3:19:32 PM

Ya, it will definitely tell you how many creeps each player has left to kill on their map :)

As for teamspeak, i'm hoping you won't find that many bugs that you won't be able to remember them all. :)
    njulianlvl 67
    010 001 111
    Geek

Posted: 2/6/2012 3:33:32 PM

Can it also tell you from how many different waves these creeps are, just for fun. It's not important, but a nice fun fact.
    Rysarthlvl 67
    blimey

Posted: 2/7/2012 12:47:33 AM

I am soooooo looking forward to this, i have missed playing starland multiplayer td.
    MainstreaMlvl 85
    Well it's been fun. CU all l8r...
    Geek

Posted: 2/28/2012 7:52:19 AM

Hey worth while coming back for! Thanks!
    MainstreaMlvl 85
    Geek

Posted: 8/30/2012 12:49:27 PM

BUMP!

Last post here was almost half a year ago...

Is this development dead?

Oh lord almighty Sparty,
    Please give us a multi-player party!!!

:-)
    Sparticuslvl 19
    Site Admin

Posted: 9/1/2012 5:07:47 PM

I wish I could say it was close to release. The last year for me has been a bit crazy.

The company I work for was bought and they let go half the staff (I wasn't one of them) but things at work have changed a lot. Also, my wife is pregnant so we are excited to have our second child soon.

Needless to say, I've been trying to concentrate my time on things that can make me money as money will be extra tight when the baby comes. Although this website is very special to me, it makes me almost no money (I think I've made $400 from it in the last 2 years... but since it costs quite a bit more to run I end up losing money).

I started making an iphone/android game but that's been a slow go too.

I wish there were more hours in a day :(
    lordcrumblvl 100
    yay
    Geek

Posted: 9/1/2012 8:13:02 PM

take your time sparticus. no rush, family always comes first. this site is one of the most innovative multiplayer game sites on the web, the variety of maps, map creators and ideas for td strategies is unbeaten. if you somebody whants to proove me wrong, tell me what this site is missing, beside a mere meaning. a multiplayer version is a great feature i'm looking forward, already philosophing about what structures of creep waves could match the upcoming requirements.

as this site is spartis hobby, and we're welcome to play and even have a say in developement, i gladly wait much longer to get the next level game, thats coded with joy and inspiration, not with deadline of a shift supervisor or a demanding customer. we'll get the difference.

the limits of the existing btg are not reached already. prove me wrong and post worthy ideas or just have fun with those creators maps who want to challenge your flexibility.

it's 5o clock in the morning for me, weekend, and i'm drunk... ( i hate alc...) and there's much more to say, but.. good nigth and have fun ;)
    chaosinmotionlvl 103
    I should be looking for a job!
    Nerd

Posted: 9/1/2012 11:12:58 PM

It sounds good - but it sounds fun and cool enough without the power ups to launch against opponents. I would almost rather see it released earlier without those - just having to deal with creeps when someone else finishes sounds challenging enough. Then perhaps you could launch the power ups one at a time for us to slowly get the hang of it. If it goes like you described, you could feel like you are in world war 3 before you even figure out how to play. I guess you could say I'm not that aggressive haha.

Question - the maps we could make, would they be linked to our map library already. In other words, could a map be launched regular and in multiplayer or kept separate?
    MainstreaMlvl 85
    Geek

Posted: 9/4/2012 1:19:36 PM

Wasn't pushing or anything, just wanted some news. Congrats Sparty on the second baby to come. If I would be drunk Iw ould subscribe to LordC's arguments fully, but I'm sober so... perhaps give us an update now and then. That's all we kindly ask. ANd keep up the good work, enjoy your family!

Start Playing Now!
    Returning Geeks Sign In
    New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy