BTG FORUMSPage :12
Forums -> News & Announcements -> Your input needed ASAP :)
The GeekMessage
carlninilvl 27
is sleepy :'(
Geek

Posted: 10/6/2010 4:11:12 PM

oh, so i am gonna take one of my last idea about this idea,
we could say something like, the player can only use 6 point in this tournament
cheatylvl 69
is for sale - check my profile for info
Nerd

Posted: 10/6/2010 4:17:26 PM

Yep, makes sense to have a per tournament limit on how many points to use.
bpmattlvl 33
Bonuses!

Posted: 10/6/2010 4:33:31 PM

It's a tough thing to balance. Maybe you could make it so that each bonus also has a drawback, so rather than giving a big advantage it adjusts playing style. For example, damage is increased, but the towers are more expensive. Initial gold is increased, but bosses have more hit points. Extra power ups, but score is reduced 1%. That way new players can compete and veterans have something to keep the game interesting.
MidgetManlvl 19
reached new heights and is now level 40! :)
Geek

Posted: 10/6/2010 5:20:37 PM

If its to be really small, then the Percent differences should be 1%.

Also, I don't like the idea of the system going up by the same increment each time you use a point. That is good for its simplicity, but what should be done, even if it is harder to manage, is to make it so putting a point in at the beginning gives more advantage than putting it in at later levels. It should show what you currently have, and what will happen if you put a point in. Perhaps even show what the total boost is when all points are put in, or even a small window popping up when you click words next to it showing the "boosts possible" Which would show what each point amount will give for each boost. Is this only per tournament? I don't want to spend 25 GP per point if it isnt permanent, atleast viewing maps are permanent.

So an example:

Extra Gold : For each point spent in this they will give additional gold to start with.

0 points = 0 Extra gold
1 points = 10 Extra gold
2 points = 9 extra gold

Etc etc with dif numbers probably, but something where you get the most value when you start putting points in. This way at 9 points in gold, putting the last in would only give 1 if the example above continued, so they might rather have it somewhere else.

Even better. If this is per tournament, you can even allow the map maker on private tourny maps choose what the bonus is per each.
raceBanditlvl 15
The next level begins here.
Nerd

Posted: 10/6/2010 5:42:59 PM

In response to the harder bosses suggestion Sparticus dished out...

Supercharge: All enemies are 2x% stronger and 3x% faster, but give 5x% more points... probably not the best arrangement, but I'm not sure what else to do.

Advanced Towers (multiple skills): An Advanced Tower skill will allow you to use a new type of tower once you max it out. The max level can vary depending on the tower. Wait, did cheaty already suggest this?

Advanced Powerups (multiple skills): Powerups that are unlocked by maxing out these skills.

For these special tower skills, y is the tower's level.

Pellet: Static Shock - x% chance to do y% of enemy's max HP as bonus damage.
Rapid: Typhoon - x% chance to halve reload time for next shot.
Cannon: "You want it?" - x% chance to leave a bomb that will explode in y-7 seconds.
Boom: Earthquake - x% chance per attack to calculate damage as if this tower had a range of y+1.
Frost: Cold Snap - x% chance to completely freeze an enemy for y seconds.
Surge: I can't think of something clever for this.
Volcano: Iceruption - x% chance per lava to become plasma that slows enemies by y%.

I should add that Cold Snap and Iceruption shouldn't work against creeps that are immune to slowing, but if you wanna try it anyways...

Snowman: Immune creeps get slowed (or completely frozen in the case of Cold Snap) for 5x% of a tower's normal effect.
MidgetManlvl 19
reached new heights and is now level 40! :)
Geek

Posted: 10/6/2010 5:47:26 PM

Sounds like same stuff Desktop Defender has race ;P
raceBanditlvl 15
The next level begins here.
Nerd

Posted: 10/7/2010 12:07:16 AM

The only similarity I can see is with Supercharge. In DD it's a 9000-coin spellcard that gives 50/50/50 IIRC. Haven't touched DD in quite a while, so I can't be sure.
PhaElvl 34
Geek

Posted: 10/7/2010 4:05:50 AM

no feedback from me, just a big WEEEEEE for implementing this :D
elfinlvl 86
Nerd

Posted: 10/7/2010 9:36:52 AM

cheaty:
Yep, makes sense to have a per tournament limit on how many points to use.

That would be the ideal solution, but make then cheap to add, or remove, when setting up tournaments - or even have a default mid way with options to decrease/increase and turn off altogether.

Bobitalvl 7
:)

Posted: 10/7/2010 2:43:22 PM

All I wanna say is thankyou to Sparticus. We know you work very hard on the site. Keep up the good work.

I for one am looking forward to this feature. It makes leveling up exciting (yay, I get another point to spend!).

Sparticus already said the upgrades you can do to your game won't be game breaking and imbalanced. They are small tweaks to reward those that play the game.

Peekapooladylvl 15
Leaving for a Caribbean cruise in 3 days!! WOOT WO

Posted: 10/7/2010 3:05:40 PM

I for one really like this idea! Most other tower games allow you to use "points" you rack up to give you some type of advantage even if it's minor. Can't wait to see how it works! Remember we are all having fun here! :)
 Page :12
Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy