BTG FORUMSPage :12
Forums -> News & Announcements -> Your input needed ASAP :)
The GeekMessage
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 10/6/2010 2:03:57 PM

Hey all,

I am trying to finish up the next update any need your input.

I won't get into too many details right now, but basically the next feature gives you the ability to tweak certain things in BTGTD.

As a quick example, a level 12 player will get 12 points to spend to customize their BTGTD games. Here is what I have so far :

Extra Time : For each point spent in this they will get 1 extra second between waves.

Extra Lives : For each point spent in this they will start off with an additional life.

Extra Gold : For each point spent in this they will receive 5 extra initial gold.

Extra Powerups : For each point spent in this they will receive an extra initial powerup.

Weaker Bosses : For each point spent in this the bosses will have 5% less hitpoints than normal.

Ok, that is what I came up with so far. I'd like to have at least 9.

Keep in mind, if a user spends 4 points in "Weaker Bosses" that would mean all bosses would spawn with 20% less HP than normal.

Any other ideas?
oddestroyerlvl 27
what you smiling about? ;)
Nerd

Posted: 10/6/2010 2:12:18 PM   (Edited: 10/6/2010 2:13:44 PM)

Maybe a boost to a tower of choice, like 5% per point or something.

Also, should there be a cap on amount of points you can spend on a single thing? '20 points invested in Weaker Bosses would be 0 HP?'
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 10/6/2010 2:17:57 PM

Ya, the cap is 12 points per item. Obviously the numbers I stated before can be changed if it seems unbalanced.
carlninilvl 27
is sleepy :'(
Geek

Posted: 10/6/2010 2:22:02 PM

extra time : i think we should at least be able to dont allow it,because the map were there are no delay will avantage ALOT these players

extra live :same thing, but for the map like, spin till you die (1 life) they will also get advantage a lot

extra gold: not that bad.

extra power up: bof, some players could get like 6k more point than the other

weak boss : no, definitly no, i dont like, i love the fact that the boss offer good challenge

FINAL CONCLUSION : no

and what about the giga lvl 30 guy, he spend all in time, and then build up volcano, to become invincible?

hope the have help
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 10/6/2010 2:29:10 PM

Thanks for the input so far. This isn't really a feature you decide if you want or not... I've spent the last week working on it and don't feel like throwing it away (there was also a thread on this idea a few weeks back and people seemed to love the idea).

Like I said before, all numbers can be changed. I could make it for every 2 points spent in time you gain 1 second between levels. Also remember there is a cap of 12 points per item.

You did bring up a good point. I will make it so the tournament creator can allow/disallow certain abilities.... so if they make a 'no delay' map they can turn off the ability to have the time bonuses.

Keep the feedback and ideas coming!
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 10/6/2010 2:36:26 PM

Just tossing out ideas :

Harder Bosses: Every boss creep has 5% more hitpoints but give 1% more gold
T19lvl 71
??????¯?

Posted: 10/6/2010 2:56:27 PM   (Edited: 10/6/2010 2:58:50 PM)

Just out of my head:

Slower creeps: For each point spent in this the creeps are 1% Slower

Faster Upgrade Time: For each point spent in this upgrades the upgrade times are 5% faster

Faster Sell Time: For each point spent in this the sell time (and sell time Increment?) is 5% faster (increment lower)

Cheaper Upgrades: each point makes Uprades 1% cheaper

Better Reseel: Each point adds 1% to the sell value (with 10 points non upgradet boom tower would sell for 85)

T19lvl 71
??????¯?

Posted: 10/6/2010 3:09:51 PM

And an other one:

Fire faster: for each point towers shoot 1% faster

And a 12 points maximum seems strange, why not 10?

MainstreaMlvl 85
Well it's been fun. CU all l8r...
Geek

Posted: 10/6/2010 3:10:18 PM

I like the boost towers upgrade, so please allwo me to expand on that:
- boost speed; every point gives x% extra speed
- boost power; every point gives x% extra power
- boost range; every point gives x area extra range

Why stop with weaker bosses, weaker creeps can also be an (expensive) advantage...

On the extra life, I would spend more than 1 point per life ;-)

level 12 is not that difficult to reach, (I made it to 11 in two weeks or so) so I guess this is feasable.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 10/6/2010 3:18:08 PM

I only chose 12 points maximum just cause it fit nicely in the space provided, lol (just finishing up the user interface now).

I can chnage it to 5, 8, 10, 15... whatever... 12 is just what I came up with initially.

Obviously each upgrade has to be very minor. I don't want someone that is level 20 to own a level 5 just cause they have 15 points extra to spend.

You'll notice that most of the upgrades give a minor advantage... Just cause the level 20 might have a a few extra lives and a couple extra powerups, doesn't mean the level 5 can't beat him.

If any upgrade seems to give too much advantage then I will tweak it so that it's fair.

The main idea behind this featuer is to make levelign up have a purpose.... it's not to make the higher level players unbeatable.

Also keep in mind I have it set to cost 25 geek points to use a point in any upgrade. So a player can't just shuffle around the points (without a cost) before entering different tournaments.
alchemistlvl 42
Want - to - play - a - game ?
Geek

Posted: 10/6/2010 3:22:53 PM

The problem with this system is it gives good players an even bigger advantage if it is based on exp. I think it should work in the opposite direction - I.E. as a new player you could spend more points on advantages like weak boss etc.

Later on you could be able to 'buy' permanent upgrades with these points - e.g. a new tower. This makes tournaments more interesting as your purchase decisions would have a direct impact on your ability to score well. This system will also add some balancing challenges.

Ideas for things to spend points on:
- new towers.
- cancel out sell timer increments (for jugglers)
- send boss to friend - I.E. next time they play a game an extra random boss wave hits them.
- upgrade towers - e.g. permanently upgrade sniper with more hit points. etc. etc.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 10/6/2010 3:43:19 PM

"Keep it simple stupid"

Ouch, I guess that was directed at me :(

Someone had suggested this feature a bit ago and everyone seemed to like it. Oh well.
alchemistlvl 42
Want - to - play - a - game ?
Geek

Posted: 10/6/2010 3:51:10 PM

No it wasn't aimed at you :)

I don't see anything wrong with the feature - it just needs to be carefully balanced. It seems to me that there is a huge gap between the hardcore players and new players.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 10/6/2010 3:56:29 PM

Ya, The feature is really just for fun. I do not want the feature to give good players a big advantage (or even a small advantage).

The upgrades are meant to be so small they make very little difference.... but add value to leveling up.

None of the upgrades I mentioned have been implemented yet in the game... I just finished the user interface for placing your points today (adding the upgrades to the game is the easy part and won't take me long).

This is why I want feedback from the community to see what features you want. I don't want to fix something that isn't broken... just add value.
cheatylvl 69
is for sale - check my profile for info
Nerd

Posted: 10/6/2010 4:05:48 PM   (Edited: 10/6/2010 4:08:31 PM)

Spartacus> Thanks man! I've been waiting for this for so long.

alchemist, carlnini & all opposing the idea> I think that Spartacus clearly stated that this is not a discussion IF, but HOW&WHAT... And if you think again you might see some point in awarding achievements. Currently your level is used for 2 things:
- to impress girls (or geeks? LOL :)
- to determine if you can participate in a tournament

Focus on the last one - if you don't want players with too much bonus points in your tournaments - you can set a rule to your likings. On the other hand - some people will create games for let's say level10+, where you HAVE to use the bonus points, which will make planning/playing more difficult/enjoyable/geekish...

Here are some ideas, some are already mentioned, but some are new:
- tower bonuses (damage, range, speed, lower price...)
- ability to upgrade a tower from level 1 to the max level in one go (for the combined cost of all upgrades, or a bit cheaper?)
- new towers:
-- poison (small damage on infected bugs per sec)
-- shock (X% chance to stop all creatures in radius for Y seconds)
-- mind games (X% chance to confuse the creep and make it go backwards)
-- assassin (X% chance of instant death, regardless of health points)

The last 4 can be included as extra features in some of the existing towers, actually it might be better. For example pellet tower, after level 3 for $80 can become "poison pellet".

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the new extras, whatever they are :)
 Page :12
Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy