BTG FORUMS
Forums -> Game Bugs and Site Issues -> FIXED: Tournament disappearing
The GeekMessage
alchemistlvl 42
Want - to - play - a - game ?
Geek

Posted: 9/3/2010 4:00:23 PM

Just noticed that the easy tourney I am in hit its 30 player limit and disappeared from the front page - could that stay on the front page if you are in the tournament? I had to go to my profile to find it again. Maybe a sidebar with your tournaments - or an additional filter option on top of 'Easy' etc to show ones your in?

Also - it was on 29 players when I entered a minute a go - did my entering a second time increment the player count or did someone else just join (bad timing)? My going back in shouldn't increment the total.

Also Also - should the disconnected players get booted out of the player limit tournaments if they don't post a score within say 4 hours of joining?
alchemistlvl 42
Geek

Posted: 9/3/2010 4:04:09 PM

So - I just looked at the player list and realised that yes - I can enter a tournament 8 times and effect the player count 8 times - that would be a problem when the spammers arrive.
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 9/7/2010 2:24:18 PM

This is no longer an issue with a fix I did a few days ago. If you join a tournament you take up one of the spots. If you eventually d/c or get a score of zero, it will not count you as a player in the tournament and allow someone to take your place.

It might appear you can take up 8 spots in the tournament, but it doesn't free up the spots until after it sees your scoer of zero or your d/c

Oh, and to answer your other question, I had noticed you jonied a tournament the other tday and after 4 hours... you were still "playing". I am assuming you joined and then paused the game for 4 hours? please correct me if I am wrong. I had to boot you in order to allow the tournament to end (it was waiting on you).

If you didn't pause the game and actually d/c'ed... let me know. Your computer was in fact submitting updates every minute as if you were in a game.
alchemistlvl 42
Geek

Posted: 9/7/2010 3:08:42 PM

It is very possible either I or one of the boys left a game paused. Especially if it was in the morning around school time :)

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy