BTG FORUMS
Forums -> Game Bugs and Site Issues -> FIXED: Too many messages?
The GeekMessage
MidgetManlvl 19
reached new heights and is now level 40! :)
Geek

Posted: 9/13/2010 9:14:28 PM

Was going through my messages, only to find older messages I had were either deleted due to timing out, or the sheer amount of them pushed my older ones out of view. Is there a limit, or just a limit to how many it shows? If view limit is there, can you make it so there is message page #'s like forum topics currently have?
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 9/13/2010 9:18:56 PM

Ya, it only shows your last 40 messages I believe (not message threads, but messages). I can change that number if you think it's too small. I just didn't want to load 100 messages everytime you viewed that page for you to just read the 1 new message.

I'll add it to my to-do to add some sort of paging so you can go through them all.

None of them are deleted, just hidden.
MidgetManlvl 19
Geek

Posted: 9/13/2010 10:40:13 PM

Alright thanks. perhaps add an option to be able to see xx amount at once and leave it up to the user, with the default being 25. That was it won't be too many or too few =] Have it say "Showing xx messages per page. (change?)" with the change button allowing it.

Perhaps even an option section put into the profile. This way we can also have option like, How many forum posts are shown per page, and whatnot.
MidgetManlvl 19
Geek

Posted: 9/16/2010 10:01:56 PM

I am guessing the same thing happens to alot of other things, such as past tournaments you have been in that shows on profile. Those are somewhat useful as you can go back to see what you did another time to the same maze if you forgot what you did, or use it to watch old video replays you purchased. Having page numbers for those would be messy though, so perhaps a "Show all?" link should be by the title somewhere to let you see your pasts ones, or even your friend's. It could show 25 at a time and you can sift through them and find them then.
MidgetManlvl 19
Geek

Posted: 9/17/2010 11:21:02 PM

Just a bump to push it above the other threads in here that have already been fixed/worked on, it is in no way a request to drop whatever your doing to work on this, just don't want it lost either.
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 9/27/2010 12:19:35 PM

I'm going to mark this issue as fixed just because I have added it to my to-do list. That way we don't need to keep bumping this thread to keep it alive.

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy