BTG FORUMS
Forums -> Suggestions & Feedback -> Level Bonuses
The GeekMessage
Johnlvl 6
I missed y'all.
Nerd

Posted: 9/4/2010 6:26:56 PM

I've seen multiple sites with a level system, but most of the time it's usually just for bragging rights. When you 'level up' within a game, you get immediate, gratifying rewards. 'leveling up' outside of a specific game will only give you respect among your peers. That's nice, but it could be better. So here's what I'm looking at.

As you gain levels, that is levels out of the Tower Defense game, you should gain a small (1 per level) amount of 'skill points'. These would be usable at the beginning of any game of BTG-whatever that you're going to play.

The skill points would be used for buffs within the game, further specializing your technique. For instance, +x gold per point. That gold wouldn't carry over to any other game, just that map that time you'd get x gold per point you spend on that skill.

* +1 life per point spent.
* A small buff (damage/Rate of Fire/Status Effectiveness/etc.) to all towers on that map per point spent (I'm talking small, here, but they would add up if you're level 10 or higher)
* +x% critical hit per point spent (aka your towers have an x% chance of doing double damage whenever they hit)
* +x% gold per enemy killed per point spent. This wouldn't start getting effective on the normal enemies immediately, but those bosses would start giving quite a bit more.
* -x% upgrade cost to all towers per point spent.
* + life regeneration of 0.x per point spent: Every level, your regeneration counter goes up by 0.x. When regeneration counter > 1.0, you gain a life.

Some are bigger than others, sure. So you could make it so that you have to be a certain level to access some of the higher ones. It would certainly make that (currently abstract) level requirement for maps hold a lot more water. Right now, it's just "you have to be cool enough to play this map." With this, it would be "don't even try unless you've got the buffs to keep up."

Give it a thought?
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 9/4/2010 6:38:59 PM

Interesting idea. Although people might complain that higher level players have an advantage over them becuase they have receieved more "points" to spend.

I'm interested to hear what others have to say about your idea.
Johnlvl 6
I missed y'all.
Nerd

Posted: 9/4/2010 6:43:25 PM

Of course the higher level characters are going to have an advantage over the lower level characters, they've spent more time on the site. But the level caps that we can put on a map make it so that people who are level 217 can't come down to a level 2 map and get so many points that no one can possibly keep up.
PhaElvl 34
Geek

Posted: 9/5/2010 1:19:08 AM

Sounds interesting.
No idea how it would work out though. Guess there will always be people QQ-ing because someone has more skillpoints, but oh well.
cheatylvl 69
is for sale - check my profile for info
Nerd

Posted: 9/5/2010 10:21:22 AM

I agree with John, this bonus system will make the "levels" more meaningful. For me that's a logical step forward in the development of the game.

Probably won't be easy to implement and currently is not "top priority" but I'm sure that may people will be happy to have these rewards. And as the time goes, the number of people with higher levels wondering "I'm level 50, so now what?" will increase ;)
Zodiaclvl 9
has a combined total of 15,000,000 keys clicks
Nerd

Posted: 9/5/2010 6:23:09 PM

If bonuses for levels are added there should be an option to make tournaments normal or no skill bonus mode.
Alphalvl 33
yeah!

Posted: 9/6/2010 12:16:03 AM

Great idea, but imo skill points should be usable once, on Your profile, with an option to reset - example: after leveling up I'm going to 'my profile' to add all my points to +starting gold. From now on in [b]every game[/b] I will get more starting gold. After reconsidering my choice, again 'my profile', reset and now I'm adding more points to +dmg.

About complaining: I don't think it will be any. After some time it will be obvious, that some tournaments (impossible for instance) are made for higher lvld people.
PhaElvl 34
Geek

Posted: 9/6/2010 1:00:17 AM

Agree with Alpha.
And you should be able to see the skillpoint distribution at their profiles too.
So if i want to know why MrCake is always beating me, i could get a little hint by his point distribution ;)
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 9/6/2010 10:58:15 AM

Ok, I'm starting to like the idea. Unless anyone says why they think it's a bad idea I will implement this soon. I'm guessing my list of bugs and issues on the site will be fixed in about 1 weeks time then i'll work hard on getting all these feature requests done.

Posted: 9/6/2010 12:15:17 PM

as long as you have the option to create tournaments with the bonuses deactivated I have no problem with the feature
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 9/6/2010 12:54:25 PM

Ya, you'll have the option to disable them for sure.... or only allow certian ones.
carlninilvl 27
is sleepy :'(
Geek

Posted: 9/6/2010 9:20:48 PM

another idea to upgrade this one,we can accept that the playercome whit all his skill point, OR say that he came whitout skill point,

my idea is: we could say like, only 6 skill point max,
the player come, andhave to replaced his point before start the tournament
Johnlvl 6
I missed y'all.
Nerd

Posted: 9/7/2010 10:11:58 AM

Looks like I made a big ripple with this one.
PhaElvl 34
Geek

Posted: 9/7/2010 11:08:10 AM

Not really a ripple, it's just a good idea :)

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy