BTG FORUMS
Forums -> Suggestions & Feedback -> Super tournaments
The GeekMessage
alchemistlvl 42
Want - to - play - a - game ?
Geek

Posted: 9/3/2010 5:03:17 PM

So down the line a bit - I think it would be great if the system automatically selected the top 5 scorers from a particular run of system generated tournaments and invited them to a weekly/monthly final showdown tournament.

E.G. - I play easy peasy a few times this week and I post one of the top 5 scores overall- so on a Friday night the system drops me a PM or an E-mail (user picks) that invites me to the invite-only top 5 players showdown - I must play my game by say Sunday. games cannot be viewed on replay until everyone submits their best game before the cutoff time. If I decline to participate in super tournaments the 6th high scorer is invited etc.

Once all the games are in - everyone on the site can then go watch a side by side replay of all the 5 games with the live leaderboard as a spectator event - as if we had played live multiplayer - but was actually time disparate. Maybe you have tabs at the top to pick which player you want to watch if it couldn't be done simultaneously that you could flick between.

The way you have coded the replay system offers so many options :) - I love it

Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 9/3/2010 5:24:04 PM

lol, ya, great idea. This idea will definitely get implemented soon. I have a list of about 20 bugs/issues on the site right now I am trying my best to quickly fix (hard when I have a full time job too).

As soon as the site seems stable I'll get to work on this. I don't think it'll take too long as most of this (ie. the replay system) has already been created.

Keep the great ideas coming :)
alchemistlvl 42
Want - to - play - a - game ?
Geek

Posted: 9/3/2010 5:37:52 PM

ok - you asked for it - lets wait a few months before we start talking teams / country based leagues based on accumulative scores etc. :-)

Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 9/3/2010 5:44:23 PM

oh noes! :P

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy