BTG FORUMS
Forums -> Suggestions & Feedback -> Tournament editor
The GeekMessage
alchemistlvl 42
Want - to - play - a - game ?
Geek

Posted: 9/3/2010 4:34:50 PM

Just played with the editor for the first time (Awesome BTW) - couple of suggestions:

Can you put a 'legend' next to the level table with the graphic and the name of the enemies - I guess after a while I'll know what a Green Goblin is - but would still be nice - specially if you add more enemy types down the line.

When you allow public released levels - your going to need to have some kind of moderation filter- or report map option - I can see the creative talents of the kiddies going wild.....

Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 9/3/2010 5:52:48 PM

The ability to allow people to make publicly available tournaments is not hard for me to do as most of all the coding is done. I just wasn't sure how I should implement it yet.

The last thing I want is 100 people to make public tournaments and the main tournament selection screen to be over flooded choices.

My initial thought was to make it cost quite a bit more to start a "site wide tournament". That would solve some of the problems... but I'm still not sure how to go about this.

As for the moderation, I already have a report system integrated into the site. I guess if someone makes an inappropriate map people could report that user and I'd remove the map and warn/ban the user.

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy