BTG FORUMS
Forums -> Suggestions & Feedback -> 2 minor change requests
The GeekMessage
mungolinalvl 9
thanks Sparticus and well done

Posted: 1/19/2011 1:35:54 AM

Hi, having been playing for oooooh days now, I would like to ask for a couple of minor minor changes in the BTG UI.

I tend to play on a laptop, and the touch pad mouse is not as accurate as a mouse-mouse. I quite often find, when I'm in a hurry, that I click Sell when I mean to click Upgrade. When that happens just as I'm about to apply a hard fought-for level 5 upgrade to an important tower, you can imagine how pleased I am. So - could you maybe put a bit more space between the two options, so it is harder to make a selection error?

Another thing I'd really appreciate is, when you have finished a tourny (either completed all levels or run out of lives), in the summary at the end, could we see how many gp and experience points we gained by playing it? (yes of course we can keep an eye on our stats. but this would just be nice).

What does everyone else think?
landronnlvl 44
:D
Nerd

Posted: 1/19/2011 3:20:26 AM

i feel your pain on the clicking the sell button when i have to use my mouse and have thought the very same thing. it really needs to be moved somewhere besides right next to the upgrade button. i do not think that a verification for sell when "clicked" would be a good alternative solution due to the fast pace of some boards and juggling boards.

to help, i would advise you using the U key for upgrading your towers as i do 95% of the time.

---

in regards to gp and experience, that is not determined until the actual tournament is over. the gp and experience vary depending on the number of players that participated and the number of times they played (for tourneys that cost gp to play,) so it can not be calculated until it is over.

hope that helps
kistelvl 34

Posted: 1/19/2011 5:02:34 AM

Hi,

I also often play on my laptop(except for that "u got tons of money and have to build fast maps), i just use the U and S shortcuts.
Nerd

Posted: 1/19/2011 5:23:54 AM

I use the keyboard for everything but placement selection - U = upgrade, S = sell. You can even select towers for purchasing by numbers (1 = pellet, etc.) I think the for higher-level games you pretty much have to do that, or you get swamped too quickly, taking too much time to go back and forth with the mouse.
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 1/19/2011 8:17:24 AM

I didn't even realize people used the upgrade and sell buttons... lol. As others recommended, use the 'U' key for upgrading and 'S' get for selling.

As for letting you know how much exp/gp you gained... this cannot be determined at this point as these numbers are only calculated at the end of the tournament (it looks at how well you did and how many players entered).
mungolinalvl 9
thanks Sparticus and well done

Posted: 1/19/2011 3:54:51 PM

Thanks all for your replies, and the further explanations on the gp, it also explains why carlnini told me to play in as many tournaments as possible, because it would get me more gp.

I shall try to start training myself to keyboard use... I will have to do a lot more practising! I really am a mouse addict, but yes, at speed the mouse is not good anyway, of course.

Sparticus, however - if you didn't realise that people use the U and S keys, that means you are a mouse player, so - maybe you could still hear our plea? I mean - geek of the week agrees with me, how much better a vote can I get!! :D

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy