BTG FORUMS
Forums -> Suggestions & Feedback -> New ideas for a new year
The GeekMessage
Nerd

Posted: 12/30/2010 10:55:47 AM

CREATING TOURNAMENTS:
I'd like to be able to create a tournament with a larger playing field. (And/or, a smaller playing field, but of course you can do that manually by building walls.)

Any way to put a little icon by the creep names, in the drop-down menu? I *still* sometimes forget which is which.

Some kind of auto-test feature would be handy -- the computer plays the draft tournament by itself, super fast, and assesses how the average player might do. It would give you at least a basic level of feedback without having to do manual run-throughs (of sometimes dozens of minutes each) when creating a tournament. I know there are a lot of variables there, but if Big Blue can beat Bobby Fisher (and if you know who I mean, you're even older than me!), it seems like at least a simple self-test feature could be crafted.

Also convenient would be a way to cut-and-paste groups of creeps when creating tournaments. You'd still have to manually adjust values and points, but at least if you wanted to do a unique creep rotation you wouldn't have to select each line manually each time.

Oh, and activate the feature to limit the number of towers in a game! It's time we started playing tourneys with that constraint active, it could really affect people's strategies.

PLAYING:
More data please! It'd be nice if the game name (often including snarky comments) appeared on the play screen - sometimes the name gives a clue that's handy to remember.

Also, more creep data please. The HP and $ values are listed for the current and upcoming creep levels - but not the score value, which would be nice to see in those tournys where the creator fiddles with the point values. (If you know the next creep has a much higher value, you might let some current creeps die to save ammo for the next wave.) Similarly when selecting an individual creep, it shows the current HP, but it doesn't show the $ or point values. It'd be nice to see that data too.
carlninilvl 27
is sleepy :'(
Geek

Posted: 12/30/2010 11:01:21 AM

i will repost a old idea that i so much want to be approve,

send replay to our friend whit a mail, he open, click the button and see the replay

happy new years!
lordcrumblvl 100
yay
Geek

Posted: 12/30/2010 1:34:55 PM

1st of all i want new towers

2nd a replay in editor (no need for a history, only last played) ... because sometimes i didn't actually see, which wave was too much before i died.... so i tested for nothing)

(3rd) real luxury would be to have the possibility to choose the wave, from wich on the test run starts --> you'd have the whole amount of gold from the waves before and unlimited time to rebuild so you have to start with Nkey if you use that start-from-wave-xy-option. ----> no need to start over and over again from the beginning. this could allow to create waaaay longer maps well balanced

4th new towers
Nerd

Posted: 12/30/2010 10:15:05 PM

I like lordcrumb's 3rd idea - implementing that would negate the need I outline for some kind of auto-assessment. If I could start running a draft tourney from level 25 or 45, that'd help immensely.

Lordcrumb - any particular towers you have in mind? I'd be interested in a range-expanding boost tower, as long as it didn't get out of hand (none of this shooting-across-the-board crap). Plus it could lead to some interesting interactions if it could affect power boosts and teleports...

I don't want a poison tower. Plus not quite sure how they'd work in BTG; one of the neat features of BTG is it's "smart" and towers don't shoot at creeps that will be dying from shots already en route.

carlninilvl 27
is sleepy :'(
Geek

Posted: 12/30/2010 10:17:17 PM

i dont think that range tower is good idea, imagine putting 2 next a well place boom, the boom could hit 5 time
lordcrumblvl 100
yay
Geek

Posted: 12/31/2010 3:34:01 AM

new towers: i think the laster tower net idea has much potential in this game. upgrading would not only increase the power but also the range it connencts with other laser towers. inagine 4 fully upgraded lasertowers in a square (5 tower size length and wide) would result in 6 wires (4 around the square and 2 diagonal) with the point in the middle crossing 2 wires. that would create big fire power if you can put up such ideal geometries.

i still like the ideas of range and poison towers. i think they'll work well, sparticus would manage that, if he would like and has the time.

my 3rd idea: this is not a task programed very fast. also it would ignore remaining creeps of earlier waves, power up usage and vulcano charching would need to be kept ignored to keep it realtively simple.

but despite all wishes i'll wait with asking for futher enhancements 'cause i'm curious about that next game that is in developpement.

greets and a happy new year!!!
Nerd

Posted: 1/1/2011 10:27:29 AM

On the individual tournament page, I'd like to see a simple, graphic depiction of what powerups are available and what customizations are available -- pretty much just as is shown on the tournament creation page.
raceBanditlvl 15
The next level begins here.
Nerd

Posted: 1/1/2011 5:38:04 PM   (Edited: 1/2/2011 12:30:02 PM)

The auto-test would require the implementation of an AI that can handle Tower Defense games. I'm assuming such an AI would be extremely hard to code.

Cutting and pasting groups would be handy. In the meantime, I guess we have to edit already existing tournaments to do that, like I did for a tournament I plan on YouTubing a playtest of before I release it.

Being able to pick what wave you started from when playtesting would be another cool feature.

As for the new towers... don't forget that we've already brainstormed tower ideas in http://www.beatthegeek.com/forum/forum3.asp?f1_id=230&f2_id=16

Buffs of the same type could always be programmed to not stack, although a powerup that allows buff stacking to a degree based on level (I.E. for a 5x% effect, a level 10 buff stack would take 50% of anything that isn't already the biggest buff of a type and add it to the stack.) could be used to circumvent it to a degree.

A laser net sounds freakin' incredible.

To add to sierrajeff's idea of graphical representation for what powerups and customizations are allowed, how about we add towers to that list?

EDIT to avert a doublepost: When watching a playtest of a yet-to-be-released map, I realized I had another suggestion: The ability to control what percentage of money you get refunded to you when you sell a tower. I figured since you could control sell time (both the base and the increment), this wouldn't be too difficult.
Nerd

Posted: 1/4/2011 6:30:18 AM

INSERT / DELETE: Either in addition to cut-n-paste multiple levels, it'd be great if we could insert or delete a particular level after a tournament is far along in design. E.g. if I want to keep the basics of my 60-level tourney, but delete level 30 or add a new level 1 at the beginning, it'd be awesome to be able to do that without having to re-code every subsequent level....

TOURNAMENT PRICING: I think the tournament pricing (for creation, not play) needs adjusting. Right now if I make an 11-level tournament starting with 80 gold, it'll cost 151 g.p. If I make an 11-level tournament with 5 starting gold, but make the first level a single bug worth 75 gold, it costs only 131 g.p. (A small difference in this example, but it adds up.)

Similarly it costs 1 g.p. per level to make a tournament - whether that level has 1 creep in it or 1000 (and whether that creep is worth 1 gold or 500). I'd like to see the pricing more algorithmic, assessing your overall # of creeps and gold awarded, and then calculating a price (rounding to the nearest whole number).

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy