BTG FORUMS
Forums -> Suggestions & Feedback -> assignable hotkeys
The GeekMessage
landronnlvl 44
:D
Nerd

Posted: 11/18/2010 4:32:04 PM

first of all i really appreciate the fact that there are hotkeys. they are logically assigned to the first letter of the function which make sense for easy remembering by new players :)

my request for enhancement comes from trying to play in a standard right hand on mouse and left hand on (english qwerty) keyboard gaming setup.

this results in me holding my left hand sideways in the air to keep fingers on U and N as my most used hotkeys. not too comfortable for long boards and bad for hotkeying tower selection.

there are also fast gameplay maps that require some fast reactions. RTS games make all standard hotkeys lefthand keys for this reason.

in an ideal world, hotkeys would be assignable and stored in each user's profile as there are different keyboard layouts (perhaps a future consideration if this is too problematic but i see the feature in much simpler flash games all the time.)

----------------------------------
potential temporary fix

if assignable is too time consuming atm, may i request that the following three keys be setup (in addition to the current ones) assuming most users here have qwerty keyboards.

setup the letter T for nex*T*
setup the letter R for upg*R*ade
setup the letter E for paus*E*

my suggestions are based on the letter still being in the word and the letters being used by stronger fingers (from a standard asdf "home" position.)

once again, i am not asking that the current hotkeys be changed! i am only requesting that the above keys have the same functionality as well when pressed.
----------------------------------

finally i would like to reiterate that having assignable hotkeys is the actual suggestion here.

Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 11/19/2010 6:38:10 AM

I might add some new hotkeys like the ones you suggested. As for now, the assignable hotkeys is a bigger task for me and right now I have too many other things I am trying to finish that people would probably wan more :(
carlninilvl 27
is sleepy :'(
Geek

Posted: 11/19/2010 6:42:04 AM

if they are ypp close, wont we make mmistake sometime

imagine you want to upgrade and you launch next wave
landronnlvl 44
:D
Nerd

Posted: 11/19/2010 3:18:18 PM

i completely understand that there are more pressing issues and assignable might take some time. just throwing it out there as a good enhancement (imho) for the site once you can get to it :)
MainstreaMlvl 85
Well it's been fun. CU all l8r...
Geek

Posted: 11/21/2010 1:20:52 AM

I agree with landronn - on a Dutch Azerty the U and N combination is not confortable at all.
I agree with Sparticus^there are other things.

However I would like to abuse this thread and report that the numeric hotkeys do not work on a laptop (without numeric keypad, so using the numeric keys above the letters). I owuld be gextermly gratefull if that could be made a priority - on the seldom occasions I do play with a full keyboard I get about 10% more out of the game :)

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy