BTG FORUMS
Forums -> Suggestions & Feedback -> Golden tickets
The GeekMessage
MainstreaMlvl 85
Well it's been fun. CU all l8r...
Geek

Posted: 11/7/2010 1:31:03 AM

It is a small dissapointment every sunday morning to see that all my golden tickets have gone - even the ones I earned on satuarday.
I spend a smaal percentage of time on this site during the week, and more during weekends. Can't the golden tickets we earn on satuarday be kept for the next week?

Thanks,

MainstreaM
PhaElvl 34
Geek

Posted: 11/7/2010 1:37:03 AM

Got that same problem, but keeping the tickets won't work i think. Some people would have 100's of tickets after a few weeks!
landronnlvl 44
:D
Nerd

Posted: 11/7/2010 9:55:19 AM

as a new player to the site i did not know that i was going to lose them and apparently made a poor choice to save my tickets for next week :(

i can not complain too much because it is explained in the FAQ but i skipped over that part when i started since i did not have any golden tickets at that time.

oell... lesson learned

::head desk::

Lan
MainstreaMlvl 85
Geek

Posted: 11/7/2010 12:50:21 PM

Sorry to have given the wrong message.

I agree with the fact that the Golden Tickets get deleted after (the next) Satuarday.

I'm just acting against the fact that also the golden tickets earned on Satuarday get deleted the same day...
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 11/7/2010 3:20:33 PM

Well, the whole point to the Golden Tickets is to show who's the Geek of the Week. If you could save them, then you could use them at any time... and the Golden Ticket tournament would be no different than a tournament costing geek points.

I think the real problem is it isn't obvious Golden Tickets are lost at the end of the week. I'll think of a better way of letting new users know.
lordcrumblvl 100
yay
Geek

Posted: 11/11/2010 7:41:55 PM

@ mainstream:

this leads to the same number of golden tickets you can use in average. only that there are some tickets later on day available.

you want the number stored on friday night for saturday while on saturday it starts to collect for next week. this is troublesome to program and display, i can imagine.
how it is now, you can still use those earned on saturday afternoon to play once/twice more. that's not too bad.

it's only a tiny little unfair for those in asia because it can be sunday early in the morning when they get a last ticket for that week which is resetted before they wake up ;)

so on fridays you only have to play those games that end sunday or early enough on saturday, if you think you could get short on tickets... wich can not be your case, geek :)
MainstreaMlvl 85
Geek

Posted: 11/11/2010 10:18:16 PM

Didn't look at it that way, lorcrumb.
I bow my head in silence and admiration... and indeed, without aiming for 1st place all the time, I have plenty.

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy