BTG FORUMS
Forums -> Suggestions & Feedback -> XP or GP for Forum Posting?
The GeekMessage
Johnlvl 6
I missed y'all.
Nerd

Posted: 8/29/2010 9:28:45 AM

I mean, if you want to see a replay, and the only way to do that is to gain GP, and the only way to do that is to have one of the tournaments you're in close, and that tournament has a max person close trigger, and you can enter more than once, you're going to keep playing on the game... But that could take hours, or you just don't build any towers and do a bit of in-game self-defeating cheating.

But, if you get (a much smaller amount, like 1 on every third post) a bit of GP from posting in the forums, you're encouraging posting in the Forums. And, if there's spam in the forums (a shocking concept, I know), the users can report it and a GP penalty would be completely acceptable for that. Plus, something for the Mods to do.

I don't know, just a thought...
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 8/29/2010 9:30:13 AM

I could make it so that everyone starts with 50 geek points. Does that work?
Johnlvl 6
I missed y'all.
Nerd

Posted: 8/29/2010 9:32:33 AM

That delays the problem, but doesn't solve it. Since you can ask for however much you want for the replays, I've seen numbers that are not feasible; 100k and such. If people get 50GP on joining, that will also encourage alternate accounts. Account A does a 0pt. run, charges 50GP for the replay. Makes Account B. Buys replay. Or, do the Geek Points not go to the person posting the price for them?
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 8/29/2010 9:59:14 AM

Oh good point. Never though of people making extra accounts to give their main account their geek points.

I have a bunch of things to fix on the site right now so I'm hoping I can just use the feedback people give and tweak the numbers in the database to make the game more balanced.

Johnlvl 6
I missed y'all.
Nerd

Posted: 8/29/2010 10:09:41 AM

I just thought to direct your thought towards that issue that I saw. Take your time... Unless you're advertising. If you are doing that, you might want to do as much as possible, as quickly as possible, for as long as possible. Advertising tends to pick projects off the ground fast.

In my own experience, that is.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 8/29/2010 10:23:08 AM

I'm not really advertising. My only source of income for this site is the Google ads. Which isn't that much. I'm hoping it somewhat covers to cost of hosting the site. I don't plan on making money of the site, it's more of a hobby :)
Kilroylvl 5
Working on producing music for BTG.
Site Moderator

Posted: 8/29/2010 10:45:28 AM

Yeah, the thing is not many people know u can set your replay scores, and not many people do it...

i think one of the biggest factors, is that this game has so many features, and you cant learn it by just clicking the "play" button.

Im currently working on a video, i should have it done by tomorrow

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy