BTG FORUMS
Forums -> BTG Tower Defence -> Scoring System?
The GeekMessage
202Nowlvl 72
Nerd

Posted: 9/3/2010 10:35:08 PM

Am I correct in assuming that everyone who kills all the creeps in a tournament (and convert all power ups to points), they'll have the same score for that tournament?

Somehow I don't think that's not true. I've played one of the easy tournaments several times and have killed all the creeps (and yes, I've also converted all power ups to points), but my scores are never the same.

So how are the scores tabulated?

Do you get more points for killing creeps faster? Apart from getting more money, do you get more points from creeps if you called in their wave sooner? Do you get deducted for selling towers? Do you get extra points for killing several creeps at once? Does the type of tower used to kill creeps get factored in to the calculation? What about the total number of towers used? Total minutes of playing time?

What am I missing?
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 9/4/2010 1:17:27 AM

If you send the next wave of creeps early you get extra points. In the "send next wave" button there is a number, that number represents the amount of extra points you'll get.

Also, when you use the powerups to get extra points, use them as late in the game as possible. If you use them at level 20 it will give you less points than if you used them at level 60.
alchemistlvl 42
Want - to - play - a - game ?
Geek

Posted: 9/10/2010 3:15:47 PM

I dont understand the early wave scoring - I see the +12345 in green - but then it decrements back to zero as you kill the creeps - do you get the bonus as you press N? or at the end of the game?
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 9/10/2010 3:21:50 PM

Ok, i'll try my best to explain it.

In the "Send next wave" button there is a number that counts down. That is the number of extra points you'll get for sending the wave early...

But, in order to prevent people from just spamming the "send next wave" button a hundred times just before they die (to get tons of points) I made it so that you only get the points if you kill the creeps from that wave.

In other words, if the wave you sent early was worth 40 points, and there are 20 creeps in the next wave, each time you kill a creep you'll get 2 extra points (which is why you see it count down to zero).

If you send 100 waves at once it will say (+812881) or whatever, that's the total extra points you'll get if you kill them all, and each time you kill a creep you get a small part of that.

Hope that makes sense.
PhaElvl 34
Geek

Posted: 9/10/2010 3:41:54 PM

IT does make sense, and understood it from the start.
Keeping "N" presses down before you die does not make a difference for your score, /me likes.
Else it would be a matter of who has his repeat rate for his keyboard set to the lowest milli-seconds :P
alchemistlvl 42
Geek

Posted: 9/10/2010 4:05:42 PM

Ah ok - got it. Sounds like I need to improve my key repeat for the juggle map :)

PhaElvl 34
Geek

Posted: 9/10/2010 4:58:27 PM

Nah, just make your juggle-maze. And as soon as you think you can handle it, keep "N" pressed down. All 100 waves will spawn REALLY quick. :)
alchemistlvl 42
Geek

Posted: 9/11/2010 8:41:20 AM

I send them all at once at the start and still came 3rd - must be possible to send them quicker

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy