BTG FORUMS
Forums -> General Discussion -> Levels and Geek Points..
The GeekMessage
Tookielvl 45
TGIF

Posted: 2/20/2013 10:18:42 AM

Firstly, let me say that this site is an excellent site. I use sleep deprivation as a yardstick, and since I joined BTG.com I just cant go to bed!!
Could someone please explain, or tell me where to find the following information. I understand the geek Points you get when placing in the top 3 on a map. Where and how do the other Geek Points originate? Secondly, Levels. I play a considerable amount of maps/tournaments and spend quite a bit of time here. There is a member who joined the site just after I did, and although I only just manage to beat him/her on just about all the maps, he is now 3 levels above me! How??
Thanks
anonemouse2010lvl 101
L101, back to rhyming for fun
Geek

Posted: 2/20/2013 12:19:24 PM

For the level part, you need to know how much experience you get. If they played a tournament with more people than you (say 10 vs 5), and you both placed first, they'd get more xp than you for those tournaments. Moreover, if you both finish low, the xp difference won't be large.

One big way to gain xp is the weekly tourament. It provides about 10 times the xp of a normal tournament and usually has more people. The xp difference between successive places is large, so if they did much better than you in the weekly tourney, that could account for the whole difference.

Of course, they could have used the double xp upgrade as well.
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 2/20/2013 1:52:30 PM

Ya, basically what anonamouse said. You get more experience points and geek points the better you do in a tournament (only awarded once the tournament ends).

Golden tickets are awarded to the top players in a tournament.... the more players, the more Golden tickets are awarded. Golden tickets are used to enter the weekly tournament that starts Friday at midnight and ends Sunday at midnight. Experience points are multiplied by 10 for that tournament.

Also, entering 10 different tournaments will end up getting you more geek points and experience than entering the same tournament 10 times.

Glad you are enjoying the site :)
Tookielvl 45
TGIF

Posted: 2/21/2013 1:03:37 PM

Sparticus and anonemouse20, thanks for the info.

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy