BTG FORUMS
Forums -> News & Announcements -> Added a new filter to the games screen
The GeekMessage
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 9/7/2010 1:54:47 PM

As requested by you, you can now choose to filter out all tournaments you are not eligible for.

The first time you view the page you'll have to re-set your filters. I originally used cookies to remember what you had chosen, but those were unreliable. I now save your preferences to the database.

Please let me know asap if anything isn't working :)
alchemistlvl 42
Want - to - play - a - game ?
Geek

Posted: 9/7/2010 3:13:47 PM

Thank you - only problem I have is that now I'm level six I can only play one medium game.

In seriousness - the way your exp rises at the moment means that you could get excluded out of your 'skill set' - going back to the exp vs. gp discussion in the other thread. Maybe have some more auto-gen tournaments - or widen out the exp level ranges?
chaosinmotionlvl 103
I should be looking for a job!
Nerd

Posted: 9/7/2010 9:34:00 PM

I agree, not many opportunities to play and I love TD games. I designed a tournament, but don't have the GP to start it yet. I wish it didn't cost so much to start the tournaments. So, I'm just trying to earn GP.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 9/7/2010 9:37:57 PM

Are you saying you only have the option to join 1 tournament alchemist? or just 1 medium difficulty?

Normally i'd like at least 4 or more of each difficulty available to all at all times. I'll add some more maps into the rotation.

As soon as I start turning user created maps into official maps it'll be better. I have been so busy I haven't had time to make any maps :(

There are surprising some very good maps people have made I'd like to add.
alchemistlvl 42
Want - to - play - a - game ?
Geek

Posted: 9/8/2010 1:46:23 AM

At the time I posted there was only 1 'free' tournament I was entitled to play. Now there are 5 - not sure if you changed something.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 9/8/2010 8:16:01 AM

Ya, after I read your post i started up a few more tournaments. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell how many tournaments are available to a specific person at any time. I might need to work that into the logic to make sure there are many games to be played at all times for every level range.
cheatylvl 69
is for sale - check my profile for info
Nerd

Posted: 9/8/2010 9:20:17 AM

This will be truly appreciated :) I know I'm picky, but I think it would be more fun for all if there were more "public" tournaments with different maps.
Johnlvl 6
I missed y'all.
Nerd

Posted: 9/8/2010 9:34:54 AM

The next filter to add would be a "Free games only" filter, or a box that would give you a minimum/maximum tool for searching through the pricey ones.

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy