BTG FORUMSPage :123
Forums -> News & Announcements -> BeatTheGeek Tower Defence Officially Released!
The GeekMessage
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 11/25/2022 7:18:52 AM

Hey everyone!

Yes, it's been a very very long time coming, but it's finally here. BeatTheGeek Tower Defence has finally been released on mobile devices and tablets for both iOS (apple) and Android devices.

You can find the Google Play version HERE.

And the Apple App Store version:
https://apps.apple.com/app/id6444051183

Or search in either app store for "beatthegeek tower defence".

Please remember the game is technically still in beta. I'm hoping you wont find many issues, but no game this large will be without the odd bug. If you find one, please let me know! I want to fix everything asap. Also, if you see anything that doesn't look quite right, let me know too so I can investigate.

Finally, the game is still in the balancing phase. If you think it's too easy, then the game is not challenging and fun. If it's too hard, it's not fun. Please let me know your feedback!

Thanks guys!

I'd also REALLY appreciate a great review in the app store. It will go a long way to get the game being played! :)

hagon73lvl 99

Posted: 12/13/2022 5:06:44 AM

Hello Sparticus,

great games so far. Having very much fun. Two things I want to mention:
Is it possible to implement a "Cancel" button when selling a tower? It happend to me twice that i tapped on "sell" instead of "upgrade" because the buttons are very close to each other.
Also I am missing some towers from the original game, like "surge", "boom", "teleport". Is there any chance you add them in a future update.

Thanks for your great work.

Hagon73
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 12/13/2022 7:15:57 AM

Hey! Glad you are enjoying it so far.

Ya, I've heard from a few people they accidently sold a tower since the buttons are close together. I'll add it to my "to-do" list to add a cancel button (although towers tend to sell fast... you may only have a second at most to press the cancel button)

And ya, don't worry. The game currently was just released with enough features to make it playable... I plan on adding all the other towers and new ones as well. There are also a ton of other features planned too.

In fact, the apps stores should have a new version today with the spike tower added! Go check it out :)
djcredolvl 88

Posted: 12/20/2022 12:12:51 PM   (Edited: 12/20/2022 2:03:01 PM)

Dear Sparticus, i'm really glad, my favorite TD is back again <3

Just as an idea - maybe just double click on the button (sell - confirm)?

For my part:
- the logic for attacking creeps is not clear to me (seems to attack not the first/nearest to exit creep, but sometimes just a random creep in range), also no prioritizing possible - maybe you could implement some logics in future (like first, last, strongest, weakest), selectable towerwise.
- i really miss teleport towers yet
- & a possibility to login (eg to be able to use more then one device to play or just to switch the device to a new one)

Thank you for your work!!
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 12/26/2022 10:17:37 AM

Thanks for the feedback! :)

It technically should attack the creeps nearest the exit.... however, I think there is a bug with the creeps that go backwards where it doesn't target them in the correct priority. I will fix that bug soon and consider adding a way to tell each tower what to focus on.

Teleport towers will come back one day I promise! (with many other towers too)

And ya, I really need to get working on the ability to play between multiple accounts.

All these items and more will be added :)
djcredolvl 88

Posted: 12/26/2022 7:44:59 PM

Thank ya! Yeah, it confused me especially on the backwards-creeps.

& as already announced on play store: one more bug i've noticed seems to happen most often on grouping creeps waves: some of them stuck at the entrance from time to time.

Keep the great work, thank you!
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 12/29/2022 4:54:05 PM

That "enemy stuck at the entrance" bug you mentioned I have noticed and have had others mention it as well. I have been trying to figure out what causes it and so far have not figured it out.

If you have any ideas what might cause it please let me know.

For example, maybe you notice it only on certain types of enemies (you mentioned the groups creep waves). I have only seen it on the backward ghost waves.

Maybe you noticed it seems to happen if you do something specific (pause the game while something specific is happening....etc)

Anyways, any info you can give will help me track down the bug!

Thanks!
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 12/29/2022 5:37:31 PM   (Edited: 12/29/2022 10:02:21 PM)

Actually... just spent the last few hours looking into this. I think I found the cause of the enemies getting stuck. I am working on a fix now. :)

Also, I looked into the issue where it targets the wrong creeps. I am having an issue reproducing this. In my testing everything appears to be working as expected.

Keep in mind, once a tower targets a creep... it will keep shooting that creep till it dies or leaves it's shot radius. So, if it's attacking a creep and then a ghost (backwards enemy) enters it's radius... even if that ghost is closer to the exit than the creep it's already attacking... it will not shoot the ghost (it already has a target). It will start shooting the ghost however if the creep it's targeted dies or leaves it's radius.

I'd be intrerested to know if you think it's still not working as I described above.
djcredolvl 88

Posted: 1/1/2023 8:34:21 AM   (Edited: 1/1/2023 4:16:46 PM)

regarding the backward creeps - i've paid a bit more attention to it & set some red towers for faster attack. Sometimes towers prioritize attacking creeps being far away of their exit & not always the first one.

For example on the current map "the path less traveled by" - if i set a red tower to the very bottom left cell & have forward and backward creeps in the very bottom line, the tower prefers attacking the backward creeps first though the forward ones are much closer to the red exit than the backward ones to their blue exit.

Sometimes (esp when having more both forward & backward creeps in range) the tower goes for the 1st backward creep in range & if it runs out of range it changes to 4th backward, although the 2nd & 3rd are still in range

EDIT: i've uploaded a vid for you where you can see the focusing issue persists for bacward creeps even though no other creeps crossing:
https://youtu.be/Rrmc8sH4uLw
(first backward wave starting at 1:45 and the second one at 3:35)

i'll try to reproduce & make another video about creeps stucking, but i wasnt able to notice any special reason for it yet.

Thank ya & Happy New Year!
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 1/2/2023 9:33:44 AM

Ok, I watched your video. Honestly... unless I missed something. Everything seems to be working as it should.

For the first wave of backwards creeps, there was no other creeps around.

For the 2nd wave of backwards creeps, I agree at first glance things appear they might not be working. But after I look closer (and slowed your video down to .25 speed), I think things are working as they should. After a tower kills an enemy, it will then get a get enemy to target. Even if that even is 1 pixel outside it's range, it will not attack it. It will find a different target and it will keep attacking that target until that target dies (or goes out of it's range)

So yes, those towers might not be attacking the target closer to the exit... but that's because it grabbed the other target first.

As for the enemies getting stuck... I have a fix for that. I hope to release it in the next couple days with the next update :)
djcredolvl 88

Posted: 1/2/2023 11:36:45 AM

well, if you go to 1:45 - 1:49
the second rapid tower (the one-point-upgraded one) tower kills the 1st backward creep, goes for 2nd & switches to the 6th, though 3rd, 4th & 5th are definitely still in range
djcredolvl 88

Posted: 1/2/2023 5:01:18 PM   (Edited: 1/3/2023 11:30:29 AM)

one more vid:
a few examples of rapid tower focusing on the backward creeps, which just started & still have long way to the exit instead of forwards, which are just a few steps away from the exit:
https://youtu.be/XxmqvOiYhH4
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 1/4/2023 8:49:39 AM

Ok, that new video you provided makes it much easier to see. Something is not right for sure. I'll look into it. Thanks!
djcredolvl 88

Posted: 1/6/2023 2:06:01 AM

Hi again :) i might have identified one more issue - it's about bonus points this time :)

https://youtu.be/bt84xUoDBXE

The vid contains two gameplays of the same level.
The first one is went through without sending any wave earlier (0:00-16:30) - it results in 35,8k points.
On the second gameplay (16:30 - end) the most waves have been sent one after another (where every single wave should result in 300 to 1k bonus points, but the whole gameplay results in under 37k points.

Thank you! :)
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 1/8/2023 3:35:07 PM

Hmm, ya... something doesn't seem right.

Do keep in mind if you send a wave early and it says "+100 points"... that's not 100 extra points per enemy... it's 100 extra points spread out over all the enemies (if there were 10 enemies, each would be 10 points more).

But still... your score I think should have been higher. Thanks for reporting this... I'll have a look.
 Page :123
Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy