BTG FORUMS
Forums -> News & Announcements -> What I have been working on for BTG
The GeekMessage
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 1/6/2011 8:42:06 AM

Hey all,

I apologize it's been a while since I've updated you on what's upcoming for BTG. With Christmas holidays and all I did take some time to relax... but I assure you I've been very busy.

An online gaming company has contracted my skills to make them 3 very small mini games. I have already completed the first game and am working on the other 2 right now. They are not paying me anything for this. In turn, they are going to lend me all their artists so my next and maybe even future games will actually look good. I am really excited about my next game so having it look good will make it all that much better.

Also, I have actually started working on the next game. I don't want to spoil the surprise but I can tell you it will be a real-time multiplayer game. It is a skill based game that is crazy fun and competitive. It will be hosted not only on BTG, but also on all the other flash gaming sites as well as Facebook. So, that means you will be able to compete against not only those on this site, but others around the world too. Don't worry, all games I make will always be hosting on BTG unlike other sites that have moved to posting them only on Facebook.

I will eventually (not for a bit) be looking for beta testers. This isn't something you can apply for. I will choose people from the community I feel that have contributed the most to make this site what it is (ie. those that have donated, those that make many interested tournaments, etc).

I'll keep you posted on the games progress.

:)
Nerd

Posted: 1/6/2011 9:15:19 AM

Sounds great! Multi-player sounds awesome.

My humble 2 cents is not to worry too much about the graphics - I kind of like the simple look of BTG, and I don't like games where the graphics are so detailed that it starts to become hard to distinguish distinct objects and/or the screen gets busy.
neoman121lvl 29
Nerd

Posted: 1/6/2011 4:57:45 PM

I think that some better graphics would be awesome. BUT. Please do not make it so that it lags. :(. My laptop is a bit slow and one of my favorite fetures of this site is that the TD does not lag at all. :). Thanks so much for your awesome games!. :D.
mungolinalvl 9
thanks Sparticus and well done

Posted: 1/6/2011 5:48:43 PM

Well, newbie that I am n all, I think you are entitled to a little time off :)

Also, being of a geek-ish nature, I like the simplicity of BTGs graphics too. So, sure, any game could use more up to date graphic technology, and it opens up lots of possibilities, but I too hope it will retain a Spartan air...

I'm sure it will be fun and exciting, though! thanks for writing all this stuff.
astfgllvl 20

Posted: 1/10/2011 2:49:53 AM

If you still are undecided about the style of your game, I would cast my vote for simmplicity, too. It is just plain and nice looking, and it is far more hard to make an eyecandy, that looks good and is readable at the same time.
And a style like here in BTG would work for me! ;)

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy