BTG FORUMS
Forums -> News & Announcements -> Tournament Rating System is live!
The GeekMessage
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 11/2/2010 1:32:50 PM

Hey all,

Now when you finish a tournament you can rate it based on map design, difficulty and it's overall fun factor.

You'll find this feature on the tournament results page on the left hand side.

Things to note :

- If you ever view a tournaments results page for a tournament you haven't yet rated (or partially rated), it will default to show you what you've voted (which may be nothing). After you have voted on all 3 categories, it will default to showing you the overall vote summary for all players.

- You can click on the links above the voting section to see your votes or the overall votes at any time.

- You can change your vote at any time

- If you mouseover the rating for a tournament (ie 7.4/10) it will show you how many total votes have been received for that category. Keep in mind this is unique votes. Each user can only vote once (but can change it later).

- Eventually you'll be able to sort tournaments or only show tournaments with a rating above X/10. This feature is not done yet but will happen evetually.

NOTE : Regarding the difficulty category. If you found a tournament to be stupidly impossible... do not rate it a 10/10 for difficulty. 10 does not mean impossible.... 10 means You really enjoyed the difficulty and foudn it very challenging. If you find a map stupidly impossible or stupidly easy, give it a 1/10.... hope that makes sense.

This feature is new... I have tested it myself and it appears to be working, but let me know if you have any issues or questions.

Thanks!
lordcrumblvl 100
yay
Geek

Posted: 11/2/2010 3:27:58 PM   (Edited: 11/2/2010 3:35:00 PM)

great feature. thanks a lot sparticus!

due to the update (i assume) the public tournament i started (and is still running) turned private (with no people who can join).
just to let you know :)

edit: both my tournaments running changed to private. perhaps this helps finding the error: clicking 'invite entire site' checked the box, with the 'check' disappearing immediately. even though the invitation itself worked till the update.

greets
oddestroyerlvl 27
what you smiling about? ;)
Nerd

Posted: 11/2/2010 3:36:07 PM

you can still join by clicking 'Go!' outside of tournament menu.
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 11/2/2010 4:07:31 PM

Whoops, you are right. I "think" I have it all fixed now. Let me know if any other weird things happen on the tournament results page. I accidently used an old version of the code when adding the rating system.

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy