BTG FORUMS
Forums -> News & Announcements -> Welcome To BeatTheGeek.com!
The GeekMessage
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 8/27/2010 3:09:43 PM

Hey all,

I'd like to start off by saying welcome to BeatTheGeek.com and thank you for visiting! :)

I've been working on this website and this tower defence game (BTGTD) for what seems like ages and I now think it's at the stage where others can try it out.

I've always loved tower defence games. I started playing them back in the day of Warcraft 3. I enjoyed them because they were fun, challenging, and for some reason, highly addictive.

The problem I found was that most tower defence games I played were missing some key features that would make them even more fun. Those missing features were :

• The ability to compete against others in tournaments where prizes can be awarded to the top players.
  • Some sort of ranking system that allowed you to compare your skill against others.
  • The ability to watch other peoples replays of their games so that you can improve as a player.
  • New towers and other special ability's that can be used in game.
  • The ability to create your own tower defence maps and tournaments for others to play in.
  • The ability to turn on and off certain towers for each map for added challenge
  • Some sort of community where people can interact, become friends and play together.

So, that's why I decided to make my own tower defence game. All the features above (and many others) have been added to BTGTD. Hopefully you'll find BTGTD fun, challenging, and slightly addictive (no one wants to be highly addicted to anything :)

Anyways, thanks again for visiting. I hope you have fun here and come back often. The website is still in beta so please let me know if you find any bugs or issues. I'll do my best to fix everything asap.

See ya around! :D

• darkbluemulletlvl 1
    Just signed up....

Posted: 8/28/2010 1:57:53 PM

Hi. Nice site

Posted: 8/29/2010 12:45:00 PM

Nice to see a TD that doesn't rotate completely around me having to just go for a highscore for personal achievement. Enjoying it so far.
    neoman121lvl 29
    Nerd

Posted: 8/29/2010 5:20:26 PM

i really like this site you made. :). i entered my first competition and i have only been playing for 1 day and got 6th so far. :D. thanks for giving us this awesome and unique tower defense game. :).
    Sparticuslvl 19
    Visit the App Stores to download the game!
    Site Admin

Posted: 8/29/2010 5:43:35 PM

I'm happy you like it! I listen to all feedback so if you see anything that needs improvement let me know :)
    ParaNoialvl 7
    Need to gain some more levels,

Posted: 8/29/2010 5:52:06 PM

I'm really enjoying myself so far. When i saw this on Kongregate, and read on the site we would be able to save and view replays, i hurried over here. Its great to see -instead of the usual suspect or read- that everyone has a entirely different playing style.

Some of the maps are just insane, but trying and failing, then watching other fail or succeed at it, and use that knowledge to improve your strategy for that map, add a dimension, not oft seen in a TD game.

Loving the game and site,

Para
    neoman121lvl 29
    Nerd

Posted: 8/30/2010 3:17:35 PM

i think that we should be able to reply to peoples posts. and it would send a message to there inbox letting them know that they have a reply on a thread and which one. :). also i think that the slow tower should have 2 more upgrades. i think the last two should be making it have more range to freeze more creeps. its the only tower that i have used that doesn't have 5 upgrades. so i think that it should just so its not the odd one out. :).
    MainstreaMlvl 85
    Well it's been fun. CU all l8r...
    Geek

Posted: 9/2/2010 2:34:22 PM

Hi all.
    Tanks to Sparticus for putting so much effort in this. Played 4 times - like it already.
    Hope to find this community growing with the game(s).
    C U,
    MainstreaM

Start Playing Now!
    Returning Geeks Sign In
    New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy